Toast tongs

Phantom Scroller

Well you've probably seen these things before but I needed a rush job couldn't get my crumpets out of the toaster at work they're to small, so I had to turn the toaster over and boy what a mess don't do this at home.

So I've made these and the wife said can I have one as well and I thought hey these might sell, so with out further a do here it is.

The pattern will be in the pattern library as soon as. Roly

post-2228-0-72524300-1443638757_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Nicely done Roly.  Suggestion though, instead of the screws drill a 10mm hole and put in a different colored dowel.  For instance if your tongs are light wood use a walnut dowel or a dowel that has been stained a walnut color.  This makes for a great contrast and will help identify your tongs from anyone else's.

DW

Nicely done Roly.  Suggestion though, instead of the screws drill a 10mm hole and put in a different colored dowel.  For instance if your tongs are light wood use a walnut dowel or a dowel that has been stained a walnut color.  This makes for a great contrast and will help identify your tongs from anyone else's.

DW

Great idea I'll use that on my next one and these are brass nails and wood glue it was a quick thing at the time but hey great idea love this place so many idea to use and modify thanks DW. :thumbs:  Anybody else with tong designs feel free to chip in.Roly

Oh I just thought I could scroll a pattern inside the tongs ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Well you've probably seen these things before but I needed a rush job couldn't get my crumpets out of the toaster at work they're to small, so I had to turn the toaster over and boy what a mess don't do this at home.

So I've made these and the wife said can I have one as well and I thought hey these might sell, so with out further a do here it is.

The pattern will be in the pattern library as soon as. Roly

Lol ,I could use these but i found another way to get the toast out but your reflexes need to be spot on.when the toast is done ,immediately i press down to reset the toaster but it won't reset if you do it right away and i let my finger slide off the re-setter and the toast shoots out far enough to grab it  if your quick.But tongs would be a better way!

Here's an example made from a piece of 3/4" oak. On the backside I embedded a small rare earth magnet so it hangs on the toaster. I used a bandsaw but a scroll saw would work well too. Finished with salad oil.

attachicon.gifToasterTongs353.jpgattachicon.gifToasterTongs354.jpg

Yep they're good and magnet idea I like everyone you cut out you can make a smaller pair until they're really tiny. :) I've just done four more in red oak with a ply block. thanks for comments.

Roly

post-2228-0-60277400-1443794319_thumb.jpg