Lernt Sumptin

jerry1939

Bought a new Delta a month ago. One of those Taiwan, designed and built by 8 year old child labor specials. Even by setting the screws to the max in the 2 blade holders, I could not get the blade 90 degrees to the table.

Under the table is a very large "protractor" or a trunnion they call it, for tilting the table. At the 90 degree mark in the trunnion is a very shallow hole. In the saw base is a spring with a ball on top to tell you where the 90 degree mark is. I expect most saws are similar.

Long story short; Today I loosened the trunnion to table screw on one side. Removed the screw on the other side and added 2 washers for spacers. Problem solved.

You check your protractor (That I held against the blade) you do the same as checking a carpenters level. When you are on the mark, flip it end to end.

jerry

Bought a new Delta a month ago. One of those Taiwan, designed and built by 8 year old child labor specials. Even by setting the screws to the max in the 2 blade holders, I could not get the blade 90 degrees to the table.

Under the table is a very large "protractor" or a trunnion they call it, for tilting the table. At the 90 degree mark in the trunnion is a very shallow hole. In the saw base is a spring with a ball on top to tell you where the 90 degree mark is. I expect most saws are similar.

Long story short; Today I loosened the trunnion to table screw on one side. Removed the screw on the other side and added 2 washers for spacers. Problem solved.

You check your protractor (That I held against the blade) you do the same as checking a carpenters level. When you are on the mark, flip it end to end.

jerry

jerry

I love deltas ,my first machine!

Hey Jerry, tanks!   I have two Delta's.... I'll do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dewalt table tends to get off key from my leaning on it. I need to modify it some with two bolts ,one on each side of the table to keep it in the position i want and forget it.

Never trust those "protractor" gauges.  I always square my table for a machinist square or credit card.

Nothings as it seems.