Must have accessories

Jonnyendo

I think it depends on you and the type of saw.  I use a light with magnifier which helps these old eyes. do you stand or sit. a nice stool chair is nice. I have a home made blade holder on a round plate made for my bench drill press but have attached to my scroll saw stand and it rotates out when I need a blade and rotates out of the way when not in use. I it is just thinking what you think would make things easier for you.

What are some accessories or modifications you made or bought for your scroll saw to make your life easier. I'm relatively new to this I just bought my first saw a couple of days ago and I've been doing some work but wanted to know what other peoples opinions on accessories were.

A foot pedal on -off switch was my most appreciated add -on.Then lights shining on both sides of the blade to cancel out shadows.Another one is angling the back of the saw up 12" so i can see my cutting better which also keeps my back erect for less back pain.I like my drill press right next to me so i can minimize getting up and down .

I never got used to my foot pedal, so it is back in the box. I prefer to sit with my feet up on the cross braces of my stand or my stool.

Speaking of stools, you need a good place to sit. Find something comfy, and then get the stool and saw to the right heights. I have my eyes on a couple of drummer stools for my next chair

The thing I love most is my magnifying light! I wasn't sure if the magnification would be helpful since I can see just fine, but it is awesome. I also need a nice bright adjustable light that I put right above my work area. I love having lots of light!

Jon - excuse it is a cllick and lock arm by Big foot inds. it is a arm that is mounted on the side of the DW 788 it has a nilon bolt that rest against the saw and when you rais the arm it clicks under the saw.google click and lock by big foot and you will see it. It cost about $20  + shipping but it could me made for about $4

Jon - excuse it is a cllick and lock arm by Big foot inds. it is a arm that is mounted on the side of the DW 788 it has a nilon bolt that rest against the saw and when you rais the arm it clicks under the saw.google click and lock by big foot and you will see it. It cost about $20  + shipping but it could me made for about $4

I have a Jim Dandy on my DW type 1.  That and the foot switch are favorites.

MrsN, I also love to prop my feet on the stand brace.  I even put my foot switch on the brace.  The DW brace is wide, don't know what yours is like but I've experimented with the switch on the upright and just sliding my foot sideways on the brace until it hits the switch.  Duct tape is your friend. 

Everyone talking about foot switch, I used mine for awhile then it found it's way to the shelf. I may have to get it out some time. I have a few magnets on the stand that I stick lightly used blades on, and I sit in an office chair with wheels so I can roll across floor to drill or where ever.

I have a Floor lamp setting next to my saw with an $8 hair drier attached to the pole that blows the dust away from the wood as I cut.

I use a" click on/ click off" foot switch because I sometimes want to move around as I saw.  I have tried using a shop vac for dust removal but killed three of them running them that long.