Translucent Plastic

New Guy

I have been looking around for some colored translucent plastic sheets or acrylic or

plexiglass sheets. Haven't had any luck with something affordable. EBay and Amazon  have

some put with shipping is out of sight. I've also looked at Home Depot, Menards & Lowes with no

luck.  I have seen some projects here that have used some and hoped for some suggestions.

Thanks

Al

Hi Al. I acquired my acrylic pieces (many different sizes) from my wife's uncle that used to own a fabricating company manufacturing oversized tubing, containers and such for a mining company. I had acquired what I needed at no cost being they were scrap pieces. I would suggest locating a business as such in your area or further. I'm sure they will welcome you to their scraps.

I get more than i want from stores changing there shelves out, displays,demo's etc.I have a route everywhere i go where the pickin's are pretty good.I kill two birds with one stone looking for things on my way to and from needed places during the day.Furniture and tables plus tall stand up displays have yielded thick clear acrylics in beautiful shape from apartment condo dumpsters on the sides.I pick up way more than i'll ever need or use but if you don't have it when you need it your out of luck and money to acquire something.

I have been looking around for some colored translucent plastic sheets or acrylic or

plexiglass sheets. Haven't had any luck with something affordable. EBay and Amazon  have

some put with shipping is out of sight. I've also looked at Home Depot, Menards & Lowes with no

luck.  I have seen some projects here that have used some and hoped for some suggestions.

Thanks

Al