Finally got my DwWalt 788 back

rdatelle

Well I finally got my saw back today. They told me it was just a fuse which I couldn't believe. I told them I put 3 new fuses in it and it still would not turn on. Well anyway, I got the saw home and it's still messed up. Can't adjust the tension and the arm is very hard to raise. I think they tightened up something to tight. Have to bring it back Monday to see what they did wrong. I'm also bringing the fuses I got from Amazon to have them tested. The fuse I put in there was brand new but they said it was no good. Go figure.

Well I finally got my saw back today. They told me it was just a fuse which I couldn't believe. I told them I put 3 new fuses in it and it still would not turn on. Well anyway, I got the saw home and it's still messed up. Can't adjust the tension and the arm is very hard to raise. I think they tightened up something to tight. Have to bring it back Monday to see what they did wrong. I'm also bringing the fuses I got from Amazon to have them tested. The fuse I put in there was brand new but they said it was no good. Go figure.

Don't that just frost you!!! My friend spent 1/2 an hour trying to put a bolt in my car on the carburetor and still didn't get it. i took the bolt and in 26 seconds or less it when right in.Same friend helped me with the same situation on the exhaust manifold.all bolts but one would not go in ,He put it right in .We all have our moments,Two heads are better than one, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't that just frost you!!! My friend spent 1/2 an hour trying to put a bolt in my car on the carburetor and still didn't get it. i took the bolt and in 26 seconds or less it when right in.Same friend helped me with the same situation on the exhaust manifold.all bolts but one would not go in ,He put it right in .We all have our moments,Two heads are better than one, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Eh Kevin:

In this case, I think two saws are better than one.

Ralph:

Hope you can get this straightened out.

Good luck

Fab4 

They told me they would check it out, no charge. Well gee, thanks. Your the one's that messed it up. I did notice that the fuse that they put in, that the element was a lot thicker than the fuses I got from Amazon. I wonder if that was the problem all along. The fuses I got, you can barley. see the element in it. They have the same number on the case. Strange. I guess it is time for a new saw and keep this one as a spare if they ever get it working right.

Sorry you're having this hassle.  

That is the one thing that worried me about the DeWalt I had.  You have to figure this repair centers do not have much if any experience with the scroll saws.  I could be wrong, but that is my perception.  Of all the DeWalt tools, the scroll saws may probably be one of the lowest volume of sales.

Sorry to hear that they did not fix your saw correctly Ralph.  The service center near me has a couple of great technicians one of which is a scroller.  My suggestion is when you bring the saw back to them bring a blade and a scrap piece.  Before you leave plug it in, put the blade in and try it out.  It will be a good learning experience for them and allow you to see that the saw is finally fixed right.

DW

Well I decided to tweak this saw myself. I loosened up the bolt a little on the arm like ike said and that fixed the arm which brought the arm down a little lower. I was able to get the blade in and the tension seemed to work fine now. I guess some things you have to do yourself. Thanks guys for all your advice. I  think I'm still going to look around for a new saw to.

Edited by rdatelle

Sparky,

Be careful there,  I read where that is not a good idea as it puts too much pressure on the bearing and it is a lot easier to lift the arm and place a short 2 X 4 under it for a couple of seconds that to have to replace the bearing ... 

Dick

heppnerguy

Glad you got it got going. I tightened the bolt just enough so that the arm will stay up on its own like the Excalibur when I move the blade to a new hole.

buytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcalberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliber

buytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcalberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliberbuytheexcaliber

Sorry to hear about the problems especially after waiting so long to get your saw back.  It's frustrating to get what seems to be shoddy workmanship from a major brand.