old excalibur- good or bad

Young_Scroller

Joe, these saws had a great reputation in their day, but, this saw is so old that I'm not sure that you can even order parts for it. If you are interested in buying it, you should check out how hard it would be to get spare parts if you needed them. If the spare parts are still available, then I think the saw would be worth the $250.00. Is it a variable speed, or, is it just a two speed model?

Len

That is the original Excalibur saw made in Canada. The DeWalt saw was modeled after that saw. Unfortunately, that saw is no longer supported as the original manufacturer (Summerville Designs) is no longer around.

I would give it a good test drive and might buy it as a backup, but not as a primary saw.

Offer $150 and no more!

Joe, these saws had a great reputation in their day, but, this saw is so old that I'm not sure that you can even order parts for it. If you are interested in buying it, you should check out how hard it would be to get spare parts if you needed them. If the spare parts are still available, then I think the saw would be worth the $250.00. Is it a variable speed, or, is it just a two speed model?

Len

I am not sure the despcription doesnt say much

In it's day that saw would've been one of the top of the line Joe. True, parts would be no longer available. I have the Ex-30 that I purchased new in 1999 made by Sommerville. The saw has and still is a dream to work with. Most parts for mine are basically no longer available. I, myself would buy this saw strictly for parts at a price of $100.00. Other than that invest in a newer saw and check parts and service is available. Good luck.

so i was browsing craigslist and came across this saw, its and excalibur but looks kinda old and nothing like the current models. I couldnt find any information on it anywhere so I was wondering if any of you had any experience. the guy selling is asking $250. Thanks!

-Joe

00707_eDc535bP0ev_600x450.jpg

Thanks for showing this saw.I would pass on it  just for having the linking arm in the back that  cant be lubricated,That's the weakest point in the saw and all of my saws wore out at that point to  where the saw blade ended up being to big for the saw All of my low end saws had that set up and did not last a year  of hard work.