Going to Bakersfield CA

penquin

OK, what is so special about Bakersfield CA.  Well it is the home of Buck Owens and Merle Haggard. Also pumps a lot of oil there.  Got some great Basque food places there also ( check out TV, Diners, Dives and Drive Ins).  Also the last time I was there was 2009 so a good time to do a craft show there.  Also included Willie Nelson and Dwight Yokum.  The Pope Frances is just one I did I liked.

Bob, the Bakersfield welcome is one you did for me a while back and I finally am going to make the trip. The show was canceled the last time I thought I would go.

My thanks to all the pattern makers for their help on this one with the country music people.

Attached are some of the goodies for the show.  Which me luck, should be a fun trip, found a great Basque place for dinner already.

jim

penquin

post-1363-0-28898500-1444874278_thumb.jpg

post-1363-0-65586500-1444874290_thumb.jpg

post-1363-0-14550800-1444874301_thumb.jpg

post-1363-0-01538400-1444874320_thumb.jpg

post-1363-0-06784800-1444874341_thumb.jpg

post-1363-0-59268700-1444874563_thumb.jpg

Edited by penquin

OK, what is so special about Bakersfield CA.  Well it is the home of Buck Owens and Merle Haggard. Also pumps a lot of oil there.  Got some great Basque food places there also ( check out TV, Diners, Dives and Drive Ins).  Also the last time I was there was 2009 so a good time to do a craft show there.  Also included Willie Nelson and Dwight Yokum.  The Pope Frances is just one I did I liked.

Bob, the Bakersfield welcome is one you did for me a while back and I finally am going to make the trip. The show was canceled the last time I thought I would go.

My thanks to all the pattern makers for their help on this one with the country music people.

Attached are some of the goodies for the show.  Which me luck, should be a fun trip, found a great Basque place for dinner already.

jim

penquin

Great looking attractive work. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Great work Jim, you defiantly will do well!

Hopefully, it won't be as hot there as it has been here this week!

Dan, glad to see another So. Cal cutter here.  Have we meet at some time?  I do a show in Venture country in March in Newberry Park. Did you

stop by my booth once.  Just wondering, I do meet and chat with a number of scrollers out there.

jim

penquin

Dan, glad to see another So. Cal cutter here.  Have we meet at some time?  I do a show in Venture country in March in Newberry Park. Did you

stop by my booth once.  Just wondering, I do meet and chat with a number of scrollers out there.

jim

penquin

Hey Jim, I do not think we have met, unless you have seen me doing a demo at the Woodcraft store in Ventura. I know you will be in Bakersfield this weekend (that is if you can get through from all the flooding going on) and I will be doing the the Thousand Oaks street fair on Sunday so we won't be meeting this weekend either. I'm sure we will meet at some point!

Hey Jim, I do not think we have met, unless you have seen me doing a demo at the Woodcraft store in Ventura. I know you will be in Bakersfield this weekend (that is if you can get through from all the flooding going on) and I will be doing the the Thousand Oaks street fair on Sunday so we won't be meeting this weekend either. I'm sure we will meet at some point!

Dan, as you know am sitting at home and waiting for the road to clear so I can make it to Bakersfield.  Hard to believe the weather took such a turn on us.

Won't make the Friday opening of the show but hope for Sat. and Sun. up there.  With all the flooding there is no easy way to get there from here. All the back roads are flooded also.  Oh well these things happen.

jim