Dewalt Type 1 and Type 2 Differences

Northerner

$200 for a gently used Type 2 is not bad especially if it has extras like light and stand. New they would run you $500. I have both models. The blade holders are slightly different. The biggest difference on mine is how close to 90 the blade a table meet when looking front to back. The type 1 is better but not perfect.

I'm not sure about prices of parts for the DW but if you already have one another one for parts  at that price sounds like a deal.I would buy it.

i know the Dewalt type 1 is the better of the two saws but just how much better is it?

i have a chance to get a type 2 that is in great condition for two bills and im wondering if its worth it or not?

please let me know your thoughts & suggestions.

thanks

that is a good price. I have bots types.I bought the type one new and It has served me well. I did have it in the shop a year ago and it was under warente but no problems since. The type 1 i just bought  for $150 from a friend and it is defiantly a better saw. The type 1 was under priced.

I bought a used type 1 for $250. It had the stand (tubular) and light. I threw both away and built a great stand out of 4 x 4 stock and bought a Harbor Freight illuminated magnifier. I clamped the magnifier to my workbench that sits next to my saw so there is absolutely no vibration. I got the stand plans from the Scrollsaw Workshop site. So, for under $300 dollars I have a great saw. I also followed the video that shows how to replace/lube all the bearings and I feel that my saw is better than a brand new one. But, with that said, I'd buy the saw just to have it around. If one is good two has to be better.

Ray

i thought the saw came with the stand and light but it is for the saw only.

do you guys think its still worth it?

Throw the light away .It's next to impossible to get the bulb out with your fingers and the flex arm never stays put.I put mine on my drill press and tied it off .Now the light bulb vibrated out and broke :curse: lol!

I bought a used type 1 for $250. It had the stand (tubular) and light. I threw both away and built a great stand out of 4 x 4 stock and bought a Harbor Freight illuminated magnifier. I clamped the magnifier to my workbench that sits next to my saw so there is absolutely no vibration. I got the stand plans from the Scrollsaw Workshop site. So, for under $300 dollars I have a great saw. I also followed the video that shows how to replace/lube all the bearings and I feel that my saw is better than a brand new one. But, with that said, I'd buy the saw just to have it around. If one is good two has to be better.

Ray

Ray i'm with you 100% I have the tube stand too and was thinking of mounting a couple of tools on it with wheels.