Halloween

Sycamore67

I cut the Halloween images from a pattern by Sheila Landry and from the Scroll Saw magazine.  They were cut from 1/8" baltic birch and then painted with acrylic paints.  The base was a piece of 3/4" pine which was stained green and then 1/8" slots cut in it.  I sent these to my grandkids and the slots allow them to move the pieces around and arrange them as they want.  I also put the initials of my kids and grandkids in the ghosts.

The witch is a hanging piece about 10" in diameter also cut from 1/8" baltic birch.

One of the pictures shows my first attempts at getting a "crackle finish" on the ghosts.  I did a couple of trials and finally found the best method for me to produce it.  

post-27214-0-90821100-1445605490_thumb.jpg

post-27214-0-15634700-1445605488_thumb.jpg

post-27214-0-00518400-1445605487_thumb.jpg

post-27214-0-80737800-1445605489_thumb.jpg

I cut the Halloween images from a pattern by Sheila Landry and from the Scroll Saw magazine.  They were cut from 1/8" baltic birch and then painted with acrylic paints.  The base was a piece of 3/4" pine which was stained green and then 1/8" slots cut in it.  I sent these to my grandkids and the slots allow them to move the pieces around and arrange them as they want.  I also put the initials of my kids and grandkids in the ghosts.

The witch is a hanging piece about 10" in diameter also cut from 1/8" baltic birch.

One of the pictures shows my first attempts at getting a "crackle finish" on the ghosts.  I did a couple of trials and finally found the best method for me to produce it.  

attachicon.gifGhosts and Pumpkins 3 S.JPG

attachicon.gif20151021_Ghosts and Pumpkins 4 S.JPG

attachicon.gif20151021 Pumpkins S.JPG

attachicon.gif20151021_Witch M.JPG

Larry good of you to post these.QUESTION, i use drawer sides as they have the right size groove for 1/4" wood i have for stand up little people. what thickness wood are your ghosts and how did you cut the grooves to match the wood .The only other way i found to do it was rout the groove but i hate to make noise for the neighbors  unnecessarily..Help help? ;)