Q&A GIMP/Inkscape Chat Tonight!

Travis

Great...I have a question for tonight!

"Aligning multiple items in Inkscape"

I'm working on a project and designing most of the patterns from scratch using IS. I made a spoke/handle for the pattern, copied as many as I needed and couldn't figure out how to evenly space the pieces around the circle (see pic). I ended up just eyballing them and combining them the best I could. When I cut the pattern I was off a bit. How would you align these pieces evenly in IS?

Thanks!

[attachment=0]wheelweb.jpg[/attachment]

That was a lot of fun. Thanks everybody who joined me. We had a lot of good questions. Hopefully I was able to answer them well enough for you. We covered distributing objects, designing name plates, designing Christmas ornaments, making handsaw patterns, and even designed a 3d compound cutting pattern.

For those of you who missed it, we had a live stream of my computer desktop so I could demonstrate various pattern designing techniques. That way you can see how its done, rather than trying to read instructions and follow along on your computer. My intention was to have the live screencast recorded for the archives. Unfortunately, I forgot to hit the record button! :oops: I guess we can call this a test drive. Next time my brain will work better.

We'll do one of these Q&A sessions again. If there's enough interest, perhaps we can even do a workshop-style class. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Wish I was there. I did stop in before the actual chat started. Talked to Messman, Vector and Dj. We just had some general chit chat about stuff. Hopefully soon I will have a new laptop or netbook and I can participate more in the chats. Our desktop is in our sons room and his bedtime is 9pm est. Right when the chat starts! :scared: