tension lever ex 21

bandaideman

Those of you with an EX 21, how often do you find you need to replace the white tension lever on the front. I had the original start letting go when scrolling and found I was putting it back 2-4 times during the cut. I got a new one and replaced not to long ago and now am having the same issue not as much right now but will let go on me. I have adjusted as it instructs on the replacement. I ordered a new one last night and will be here next week. I am not ready to change yet but if it gets like the original I will have it on hand. It seems like I replaced it less than a year ago. Anyone else replacing the switch. I know there is normal wear and tear but this time did not seem to be very long. Could something have to do with the upper blade holder? Any thoughts would be appreciated Thank you. 

I have had my Ex for about 2 years have not changed it yet.  Seems to be holding up fine.  I put a little vaseoline on it from time to time.  Seem like I read to do that some where.  I bought a spare right after I bought my saw because I thought it looked like something that would wear out.  But not yet. 

You might call Seyco and ask the question.  I have always found them eager to help and advise.

I have a Delta, but this might apply to you also. Read on this site some time ago about BLADE SLIPPAGE. One of the suggestions was to sand the ends of a new blade.

I made a "paint stir stick", sprayed both sides with adhesive and wrapped it with medium/fine sandpaper on 2 sides. Have yet to have a blade slip out.

My first thought is that you might have the same tendency as I do. OVER TIGHTENING the clamp.

jerry

I have had the EX21 for about 6 years and have never had the white over-center lever slip..I have a spare lever assembly and spare upper and lower blade clamps.  Have replaced the lower blade holder several times.  It gsts 50 or more times use than the top one.  I do have to rplace the inserts on the knob screws and th set screws regularly, as well as sand them square from time to time.

Terry

Those of you with an EX 21, how often do you find you need to replace the white tension lever on the front. I had the original start letting go when scrolling and found I was putting it back 2-4 times during the cut. I got a new one and replaced not to long ago and now am having the same issue not as much right now but will let go on me. I have adjusted as it instructs on the replacement. I ordered a new one last night and will be here next week. I am not ready to change yet but if it gets like the original I will have it on hand. It seems like I replaced it less than a year ago. Anyone else replacing the switch. I know there is normal wear and tear but this time did not seem to be very long. Could something have to do with the upper blade holder? Any thoughts would be appreciated Thank you. 

I missed an ex30 for $700 brand new ,grrr!

Dan, I've owned my EX21 for over six years, and it gets used on a regular basis. Over all of these years I've never had an issue with my saw, and I've never had to replace any levers or knobs either. The only thing that I adjust is the set screws that go up against the blade in the blade holder. If it is the flip lever on the front of the saw that is the issue, I would think that you might have the tension adjuster that is on the back of the saw set to tight. When I first got my saw, I was guilty of doing that and the front tension lever would flip up every so often while cutting. It was very frustrating, but, eventually I figured it out and I starting using a little less tension from the rear clamp. Since then, I've had no issues with my saw.

Len

Thanks to all I will check all those things. From reading it is most likely the tension in the back. I will let up on it and see what happens. I have had issues with that also in that as I scroll for a while it will increase the tension by it self. the white line on the nob starts in one place then will move clock wise as I saw. It seems to have stopped that now.