Bandsaw Blades

browders

I determined today that I am sorely in need of a new blade for my bandsaw. I use it primarily for re-sawing boards and have been using a 3/4 inch blade purchased from Grizzly. Nothing special about the blade. I was wondering if anyone has favorites they recommend, and/or suggestions for what I should be looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

I determined today that I am sorely in need of a new blade for my bandsaw. I use it primarily for re-sawing boards and have been using a 3/4 inch blade purchased from Grizzly. Nothing special about the blade. I was wondering if anyone has favorites they recommend, and/or suggestions for what I should be looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Jim, i envie you having a saw that can hold a strong blade like that.I'd love to resaw my thick wood here.

Jim, i envie you having a saw that can hold a strong blade like that.I'd love to resaw my thick wood here.

Kev,

It's a great way to make efficient use of wood. Of course when the blade gets dull, it tends to head off towards the peach orchard like a drunk sailor. Suddenly my attempt to bisect a board goes awry.

Jim

Jim you should be able to sharpen the blade at least five times on the bandsaw check out the videos on YouTube I use a Dremel on mine and it works a treat save a few pennies as they say. Roly

this is the way I do mine. 

Edited by Phantom Scroller

I never knew you could sharpen those blades.. I just throw mine away  will have to check that out.. Jim, if I wanted to ask anyone about resaw blades, I would ask Jim Finn. He uses his bandsaw to recut almost every day, as he makes those absolutely wonderful and beautiful inlayed boxes that he sell so many of every year.  

Dick

heppnerguy

I do resaw a lot of cedar and maple. (about 400 board feet a year).  I use a 1/2" carbide blade 3 TPI that I get from "Supercut".  Their gold professional series.  Mine are 105" and cost less than a Woodslicer and last a LOT, LOT longer. I use about two a year at $25 each.  I need to look into sharpening some of my dull blades.  I certainly do have the time for that in the winter.