Lynx

RangerJay

I have wanted to cut this Charles Dearing Lynx ever since I first saw it - that was at least a couple of years ago - maybe a little longer - and I finally got round to doing it.  I can see myself cutting a lot more of his patterns in the future - but holy smoke they sure take time .....

The cutting is walnut and the frame is pine. 

Any comments or suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks,

Jay

post-2303-0-15948200-1447273012_thumb.jpg

post-2303-0-44456000-1447273108_thumb.jpg

Thanks - I really appreciate the kind words.

To answer a couple of questions:

- the frame is a "Greene and Greene Frame" - if you Google those words you will find many variations on this frame - most call for a mortise and tenon joint but I used dowels.

- the cording is braided cord purchased from Amazon and I think readily available through most hobby/craft stores - very inexpensive - attached with a bead of CA glue along the entire joint - really easy to do - a lot easier than I originally thought.

Thanks again,

Jay

I have wanted to cut this Charles Dearing Lynx ever since I first saw it - that was at least a couple of years ago - maybe a little longer - and I finally got round to doing it.  I can see myself cutting a lot more of his patterns in the future - but holy smoke they sure take time .....

The cutting is walnut and the frame is pine. 

Any comments or suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks,

Jay

Looks like you had lots of fun !

Thanks again folks.

No - I don't keep track of the hours - I really like these kinds of detailed projects and have started to refer to them as "Time Pieces" - meaning that I poke away at them, a little bit at a time, usually an hour or two, maybe once or twice a week, over a long period of time - and between other jobs - think I started this one in April or so ......

The number of cuts?? - something else I don't keep track of ...... I think quite a bunch .....

Thanks,

Jay 

Edited by RangerJay