Back in the saddle again. (Finally)

kywoodmaster

After an unplanned 10 year break I finally have a scroll saw back up and running. I took a week of vacation from both jobs to get some work done at home. This allowed me to finish up a new building for the Motorcycle and mower along with some storage. That allowed me to make a little dent in the mess in the garage.

My first order of business was to get the saw up and running. I really didn't realize how bad some of my tools had rust until I started setting them up. I still have a long way to go but I did get to try the saw out a little.

I am making ornaments for all the kids and grand kids. They are Steve Goods patterns, 3/8" cedar cut with a #9r PGT olson blade. No finish yet probably some rattle can clear coat. As can be seen I have lost a lot of control in the time off. Hopefully I can get back some as time goes on. I guess they say Practice makes perfect. Comments welcome good or bad.

post-25530-0-94070300-1447655132_thumb.jpg

post-25530-0-14247500-1447655189_thumb.jpg

Edited by kywoodmaster

After an unplanned 10 year break I finally have a scroll saw back up and running. I took a week of vacation from both jobs to get some work done at home. This allowed me to finish up a new building for the Motorcycle and mower along with some storage. That allowed me to make a little dent in the mess in the garage.

My first order of business was to get the saw up and running. I really didn't realize how bad some of my tools had rust until I started setting them up. I still have a long way to go but I did get to try the saw out a little.

I am making ornaments for all the kids and grand kids. They are Steve Goods patterns, 3/8" cedar cut with a #9r PGT olson blade. No finish yet probably some rattle can clear coat. As can be seen I have lost a lot of control in the time off. Hopefully I can get back some as time goes on. I guess they say Practice makes perfect. Comments welcome good or bad.

I see your using the first saw i ever had an ss250 delta !Whoa the good times i had on that machine and woke up plenty of times with it still threaded in the project motor on an no accidents .That got to be the best cut aromatic cedar ornaments I've seen .I'd hate to see what you  could do on a good day, wow !Keep them coming!

Ornaments look fine to me.

I see your using the first saw i ever had an ss250 delta !Whoa the good times i had on that machine and woke up plenty of times with it still threaded in the project motor on an no accidents .That got to be the best cut aromatic cedar ornaments I've seen .I'd hate to see what you  could do on a good day, wow !Keep them coming!

Actually it is the 40-540 the fully variable model. That is the saw I learned on and I have never found anything that I like better. That saw is one I snagged of Craig's list not long ago. Very low hours with a minor problem (1 bolt loose ). I figure between it and my old original one and a few extra parts that I had forgotten about I can keep it up and running until I can afford a better one.