blade popping out

Gray

ive got a problem maybe you can help me out. when i'm scrolling the bottome blade will pop out of the jaws after a minute or two of cutting. i really cranked down on the knob but the blade slips out again. ive never had this problem before. did i break something or is it the blades. i cant put my finger on the problem. anybody else have this problem :eye:

Alcohol!

No not that kind! :oops:

Denatured, rubbing, etc.

Wipe the ends of the blades before inserting. This cleans any oil from the manufacturing and leaves no petroleum based residue.

Also take a folded paper towel and clean out the blade holders with the alcohol.

You might also sand the ends of the blade to slightly rough the surface.

GrampedStl

Sometimes that happens to me too. Just fold over a piece of sandpaper and put the end of the blade and scratch up the end a little. That gives the clamps a little something to bite on and removes that oil GrampedStl mentioned. When I got my Craftsman, I unscrewed the thumbscrew on both the top and bottom blade holders. I used a file to flatten the edge. Sometimes during manufacturing, the thumbscrew has a little nib on the end which can cause problems holding the blade tight. Good luck!

thanks guys. the sandpaper did the trick. i guess maybe theres too much oil on the blades. i run the sandpaper over the ends a couple times and i also rubbed the end with alcohol. only takes a couple of seconds and im in business. thanks for the help i knew i could count on you guys ;)