Thanks Gordie for this one.

wombatie

Thanks for this one Gordie.  I made it for a friend as a birthday gift, unfortunately it was her birthday in August, she just had to wait a while for it. :lol: :lol:   Its made from 1/4 inch Blackheart Sassafras (which is from Tasmania just like she is) and its got a 3mm ply backer.  Had awful trouble when the glue had dried it had bled through at the sides and in side the cuts and I did not put a lot on, just must have moved it around too much, but got it all fixed up and it looked great when it was finished.  All comments welcome.

post-1251-0-29929500-1448171790_thumb.jpg

My daughter makes jewelery, mostly silver, but she came across these butterflies and loved them, there are 12 in the set.  So she asked if I could cut some ply to fit on the back and then give them a couple of coats of finish.  They will either be necklaces or brooches, some of each I guess.  These two are the guiinea pigs versions, try them out and see how they wear.  They are about an inch wide.

Marg

post-1251-0-05426800-1448172453_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this one Gordie.  I made it for a friend as a birthday gift, unfortunately it was her birthday in August, she just had to wait a while for it. :lol: :lol:   Its made from 1/4 inch Blackheart Sassafras (which is from Tasmania just like she is) and its got a 3mm ply backer.  Had awful trouble when the glue had dried it had bled through at the sides and in side the cuts and I did not put a lot on, just must have moved it around too much, but got it all fixed up and it looked great when it was finished.  All comments welcome.

attachicon.gif2015-11-18 12.40.53.jpg

My daughter makes jewelery, mostly silver, but she came across these butterflies and loved them, there are 12 in the set.  So she asked if I could cut some ply to fit on the back and then give them a couple of coats of finish.  They will either be necklaces or brooches, some of each I guess.  These two are the guiinea pigs versions, try them out and see how they wear.  They are about an inch wide.

Marg

attachicon.gif2015-11-13 13.32.25.jpg

Question Marg are those butterflies painted or is it paper or stick on. The sign looks great. Roly

Thanks Marg I might try that as everyone loves butterflies. Roly

Leanne probably found the butterflies on a Vintage jewelery site or something like that.  Just found the site name, its called Memories Emporium and its sheet number 114.  There are 12 different butterflies on the page.  Hope this helps.

Marg

We have decided to change the finish to a high gloss instead of the satin.  Marg

Edited by wombatie