Blower

Vector01

So far I give the Porter Cable SS an 8 out of ten. There is some vibration at max speed. Run at 3/4 speed very little vibration. Blade change is quicker if you set the blade in the upper holder first and  just swing it in the lower holder. The blower on the other hand...Didn't work that great out of the box, very weak. After a few cuts it was pretty much useless. Went on line and found an aquarium air pump at Walmart for $4.47, gave it a shot. Another $2.00 bucks for some tubing and a little electrical tape, problem solved. Ain't pretty but it works great! 

post-1376-0-53875600-1448366497_thumb.jpg

post-1376-0-74232800-1448366510_thumb.jpg

So far I give the Porter Cable SS an 8 out of ten. There is some vibration at max speed. Run at 3/4 speed very little vibration. Blade change is quicker if you set the blade in the upper holder first and  just swing it in the lower holder. The blower on the other hand...Didn't work that great out of the box, very weak. After a few cuts it was pretty much useless. Went on line and found an aquarium air pump at Walmart for $4.47, gave it a shot. Another $2.00 bucks for some tubing and a little electrical tape, problem solved. Ain't pretty but it works great! 

Good job ART,You still cutting in the kitchen?You must have the most loving wife .Next time I'm at wally mart I'll pick one up to.I've plenty of tubing that i find just for this purpose.Thanks for the low priced idea.I thought they cost a lot.  Hole saw a large hole on the side of the back of you saw to be able to lube the linking arm to make your saw last,that's a notorious spot for wear.All my Chinese saws wore out there.You'll know when the blade is to big for the saw. ;) 

Like the old adage " Necessity is the mother of invention" This is nothing new, but it works. I figure it would help the new scrollers if they run into this problem. You can't cut accurately if you can't see the line. As far as cutting in the kitchen, long story sort, I'm single again. So my kitchen table is also my work bench.

post-1376-0-53637700-1448369908_thumb.jpg