Two level sawing for the Excalibur

Jean-Marc

Not being a ex owner but my gut feeling is they may be talking about turning the blade sideways to do long cuts normally impossible, is all that comes to mind.My dremil 18" could do that.The blade holder has capability's to do just that!

I read some where on the net a while ago, that the Excalibur is adjustable in 2 positions in order   to be able using the blade on two different area. For the owners of Excalibur, could you please explain how to make this setting.

They say that you can raise and lower the arm with the upper arm adjuster(knob at the back) to use a different part of the blade. This is from the manual:

"This saw has an adjustment knob K in the rear that can raise the blade mount up to 1†(25 mm). This allows you
to fine tune blade tension when needed, as well as to reposition the saw blade at a point where you can use
a different part of the blade in the cutting area. This also allows you to use a piece of band saw blade, cut to
a length of 5â€- 6†(127-150 mm) in your saw, and gives you up to 3 inch cutting capacity when needed.

Note: Do not over tension the knob as this can cause premature wear and damage to the machine."

I have also read that it is best to leave the arm level, that's what I do.

Edited by KurtP

Yes Angus, this is what I'm talking about, will follow your advice, to leave the arm level. But it's something interresting if it was easy to change the level to use the blades on another area. More economical also. May be one day the technology will permit it.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Edited by Jean-Marc