storing your saw

Young_Scroller

Joe, I always release the tension on my blades, when I'm done using my saw daily. But, if I know that I'm not going to be using my saw for days, I even remove the blade from the blade holder. I see no reason to leave the saw or blade under pressure, when not in use.

Len

Edited by Lucky2

thanks for the replies, so it wont do any bad if i leave a blade in?

Well, that would depend upon what brand of saw your using. If your using a Dewalt or an Excaliber, you could be doing damage to the tip of the screw that holds the blade in place. On both these saws, the tips of these screws have a small insert that rotates when tightening up against the blade. It does this, so that the blade doesn't bend at the top from the screw rotating against it. If you leave the blade in place when the saw is not being used, your leaving the pressure on this tip. I don't like doing that, so, I remove the blade to save the tip. I don't know if doing this makes any difference or not, but, I've owned this saw for over five years now, and I've never had to spend any money on parts or repairs.

Len