excaliber ss problem solved

tomsteve

ive been pickin awaynat the tiger swallowtail butterfly over the last few weeks but have been having a problem with tbe blades comin loose in the clamps and blades breaking. cleanedand scuffed the clamps and looked at a few possibilities, but still had the problem. i was beginning to think tbe fd spirals might have had some flaws in a batch.

welp, i had another project to kick out yesterday. using the fd spirals.different material,same problem.

then....i stopped to get a pencil out of a drawer,there was my 8 by 12 carpenters square telling me," check to see if upper arm is parallel with the table."

upper arm was 1/4" higher at the blade. realigned it and what a difference!!! no more blade problems. last nights project i was halfway through when i did that and the second half took half the time.

think i might make some serious progress on the tiger swallowtail today.

funny thing is i read about the parallel thing a while ago and completely forgot about it.

oh....heres the project i was workin on

post-23696-0-93692900-1449424909_thumb.jpg

Edited by tomsteve

ive been pickin awaynat the tiger swallowtail butterfly over the last few weeks but have been having a problem with tbe blades comin loose in the clamps and blades breaking. cleanedand scuffed the clamps and looked at a few possibilities, but still had the problem. i was beginning to think tbe fd spirals might have had some flaws in a batch.

welp, i had another project to kick out yesterday. using the fd spirals.different material,same problem.

then....i stopped to get a pencil out of a drawer,there was my 8 by 12 carpenters square telling me," check to see if upper arm is parallel with the table."

upper arm was 1/4" higher at the blade. realigned it and what a difference!!! no more blade problems. last nights project i was halfway through when i did that and the second half took half the time.

think i might make some serious progress on the tiger swallowtail today.

funny thing is i read about the parallel thing a while ago and completely forgot about it.

oh....heres the project i was workin on

Always the simple things rack our brains thinking it a major repair.Good for you! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:;)