Art Show

terrylee

Well I just did my second art show and it turn out okay,but I didn't make lot of money on this show! I did leave the show with a 250 dollar picture that I traded with some of my pieces  with this artes that love my work and he what me to teach a class on this intarsia art work I do.It just blow my mind for this artes asking me to teach a class in this, He is a member of,"Central Iowa Art Association" I told him I'M not a teacher and I told him I well think it over.So it was a crazy weekend I'M sending a picture of the show also the 250 dollar. picture  

when  I first started doing intarsia, i did a craft show and sold $175. I had a lot of nice comments on my work but the sales was not worth the effort for me. i have found that people at the craft shows seem to be looking for things, mostly under $30. Intarsia doesn't work very well in that category, but that is where scrolling does because the cost of scrolling most items is very little, also including the time involved. if you can go away from a craft show happy, Then it was worth the time and effort. Received a nice picture for your wall though. Good trade for both

Dick

heppnerguy

when  I first started doing intarsia, i did a craft show and sold $175. I had a lot of nice comments on my work but the sales was not worth the effort for me. i have found that people at the craft shows seem to be looking for things, mostly under $30. Intarsia doesn't work very well in that category, but that is where scrolling does because the cost of scrolling most items is very little, also including the time involved. if you can go away from a craft show happy, Then it was worth the time and effort. Received a nice picture for your wall though. Good trade for both

Dick

heppnerguy

You are so right what you wrote  there,but Dick if I could afford  go to this high dollares art show,I be first in line.The most I can spend is like 40.dollars on one.Maybe some day when my ship come in,"I could do it "Thank You for our comment  

I agree with the teaching thing. Everybody learns something along the way. Plus passing on an art form in itself is a treasure. I think we all do this because we enjoy it and love to share our work, maybe making a few dollars along the way. I hope you give it some serious thought and at least an attempt. Cheers.