Big train project

TripleJScroller

So it's been awhile since I've been around here much.  I've had a lot going on in life that has kept me from spending as much time at the saw as I'd like, but when I was at the saw I was working on cutting out two of these trains.  The first one I cut as a Christmas present for my 4yr old Grandson.  Soon after I finished it a friend seen it and asked me to cut him one.  To be honest I wasn't really into the idea of cutting another so soon, after all it took me about 20 hours to cut the first, however he made an offer I couldn't refuse.  So this is the second one that I'm delivering to him tomorrow.  This is a wonderful pattern from http://oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com.  I cut it from 1/4 in Baltic Birch and finished it with a coat of lemon oil.  

Thanks!

post-25367-0-61939400-1449456748_thumb.jpg

Joshua,

I know that  when one takes on a pattern that is going to require a lot of time and effort to cut, it seems like the end of the task is always a long time away, but when It finally gets here, you have a feeling of relief that you finally finished it. But it is those projects that also give you the most satisfaction and pride.  You did a splendid job, and I bet one day you will cut another of those wonderful train patterns that DonR designed. I makes the pattern maker happy that you chose their pattern from the thousands out there and to see it posted like this has to make them proud as well. 

Dick

heppnerguy

So it's been awhile since I've been around here much.  I've had a lot going on in life that has kept me from spending as much time at the saw as I'd like, but when I was at the saw I was working on cutting out two of these trains.  The first one I cut as a Christmas present for my 4yr old Grandson.  Soon after I finished it a friend seen it and asked me to cut him one.  To be honest I wasn't really into the idea of cutting another so soon, after all it took me about 20 hours to cut the first, however he made an offer I couldn't refuse.  So this is the second one that I'm delivering to him tomorrow.  This is a wonderful pattern from http://oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com.  I cut it from 1/4 in Baltic Birch and finished it with a coat of lemon oil.  

Thanks!

attachicon.gifTrain2.jpg

Perfect cutting skills,Your time away from the saw hasn't needed any tweaking or refining.Excellent job my friend Thanks for showing! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

This is why I love this forum so much, I posted this the other night and I come back today to so many people with nice things to say.  Thanks everyone for the compliments, it really makes me feel good and motivates me to get back out on that saw.  Don's pattern is amazing and I definitely recommend it to anyone, I'll certainly be cutting more of his in the future.