Lots of Birds

Frank Pellow

As you can see from the attached photo, right now I have many (16) mini-bird plaques (Sheila Landry's patterns SLD237 & SLD238) at various stages of completion. 

I'm using these to experiment with the use of various wood and colour combinations, to practice painting and staining techniques, and to practice sawing and assembly techniques.

Eventually, each of my four granddaughters will be given two plaques each and something(?) will be done with the ones left over.

post-28738-0-32421700-1449993825_thumb.jpg

As you can see from the attached photo, right now I have many (16) mini-bird plaques (Sheila Landry's patterns SLD237 & SLD238) at various stages of completion. 

I'm using these to experiment with the use of various wood and colour combinations, to practice painting and staining techniques, and to practice sawing and assembly techniques.

Eventually, each of my four granddaughters will be given two plaques each and something(?) will be done with the ones left over.

LOL, we love your work so expect lots of how you did it questions to come on all your projects! Keep them coming! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks Marg. 

The blue ones are Blue Jays.  They often overwinter in Southern Ontario and the sight of them on our bird feeder on a snowy winter day is something I really enjoy.

The other three are: Sparrow, North American Robin (which is really a type of thrush), and Cardinal.  They, too, are all common visitors to our garden.

First of all, I thank DWSUDEKUM, merlin, lawson56, newfie, scrolling Stever, bobscroll, amazingken, penguin, Dan, Lucky2, and Jessie for their compliments.

The bird plaques have now all been painted and the 8 that I am giving my 4 granddaughters have been personalized on the back.  I'm attaching a photo of the back of one plaque showing how they were personalized. 

I'm also attaching a photo of the front of 6 of the completed plaques.  One granddaughter is getting the starling-robin pair, one will receive the cardinal-robin pair, and two obtain a starling-bluejay pair.

post-28738-0-66184200-1450259936_thumb.jpg

post-28738-0-68158600-1450259937_thumb.jpg