Defective? Blade

JustLarry

Earlier this morning I changed blades on the scroll saw.  As it started cutting I noticed a lot of fuzzies showing on the pattern.  Suspecting something was not right, I stopped, took out the blade and inspected it.  I discovered that the blade had a defect from the manufacturer.  The teeth were pointing to the top of the blade not to the bottom as expected.  Not wanting to throw the blade away I decided to try it by placing it upside down in the saw.  It cut like a blade is supposed to do.  I understand these symptoms that caught my attention are the same as when one places a blade in the saw the wrong way. 

A few days ago I had a blade that had the teeth on the back side of the blade.  This problem was corrected by putting the blade in backwards.

Anyone have these problems before?

Larry

I'm so happy some one found this out ! I've st rugged year after year with this same sort of rigamaroll. It's been a a down hill ,win lose lose situation always when you least expect it to happen.Luckily nothing serious or irreversible has happened but it sure gets your goat in an uproar.I've counted to10 many a time ,took deep breathes and even scratched my head when this happens :sad:

Earlier this morning I changed blades on the scroll saw.  As it started cutting I noticed a lot of fuzzies showing on the pattern.  Suspecting something was not right, I stopped, took out the blade and inspected it.  I discovered that the blade had a defect from the manufacturer.  The teeth were pointing to the top of the blade not to the bottom as expected.  Not wanting to throw the blade away I decided to try it by placing it upside down in the saw.  It cut like a blade is supposed to do.  I understand these symptoms that caught my attention are the same as when one places a blade in the saw the wrong way. 

A few days ago I had a blade that had the teeth on the back side of the blade.  This problem was corrected by putting the blade in backwards.

Anyone have these problems before?

Larry