fonts added to font list

bandaideman

You need to install the font. Most of the time when you download a font it is a zip file. You need to unzip or extract the files to be able to install the font.

Right click on the file and go to "Extract All" make sure you select "Show extracted files when complete" just makes it easier to find the files. Extract the files and the folder with the font files will open, right click on the font file and select "Install" this will make it available in your list of fonts.

Cheers

Kurt 

You need to install the font. Most of the time when you download a font it is a zip file. You need to unzip or extract the files to be able to install the font.

Right click on the file and go to "Extract All" make sure you select "Show extracted files when complete" just makes it easier to find the files. Extract the files and the folder with the font files will open, right click on the font file and select "Install" this will make it available in your list of fonts.

Cheers

Kurt 

Your making life easier for me,Thanks,This answered a few questions for me!

Dick question about Open Office. I went to down load and got a message from McAfee that it was held in quarintine and something about Trojan in it and when I went for more infomation It could not find the link to the information and they gave me the link to find the information. I was going to go ahead anyway but was not sure if the security was over sensitive.

Kurt Thank you again that did it I now have it installed. It came with all the fonts I could want. One last question I hope and you hope too. I have inkscape not all the fonts are in that but there are a few more than I had. I am not sure what I do to use a font from open office in inkscape. Sorry I am kind of needed and dense. 

Kurt Thank you again that did it I now have it installed. It came with all the fonts I could want. One last question I hope and you hope too. I have inkscape not all the fonts are in that but there are a few more than I had. I am not sure what I do to use a font from open office in inkscape. Sorry I am kind of needed and dense. 

Dan,  I am not sure about the fonts that come with Open Office as I don't use the program. Fonts are normally installed on the system not in the program so if the font is on the system then the program should be able to use the font. 

Did you restart you computer after installing Open Office?

Kurt

I use Open Office.  When I open Inkscape and select fonts only a few will show in the drop down window..  THEN, I close the fonts and when I reopen them all that are on the computer will show in the drop down window.  Do not know why but that is how it does for me. Try this, it may open the fonts in Open Office.  I did have to download many of the fonts I use in scrolling because they were not standard for the computers I use.

Larry