Dream Catcher - 50 Inside Cuts in a Kennedy

hotshot

My version of a Dream Catcher, cut in a Kennedy Half Dollar

------Randy

Outstanding skills ,was any detail filing needed ,What kind of time frame did it take ,Which blades did you use,Was it glued to wood to be able to move it around for control.Any lubricant used,Any problem area's,And what were your saw speeds. :D

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Here are a few answers.  

Fab4, the center is very sturdy.  

Kevin, here are your answers:,  I used Pike 3/0 Jewelers blades for this project.  If you look carefully, you can get these very cheap on Amazon.com.  I held this project by hand (not gluing to wood) as I do all my larger coins.  Some time back I experimented with the wax based lubricant to see if it made the cutting easier, but did not find it made any difference, so I did not use it.  I'm not sure about the time it took for this project, but I would guess the cutting took a couple of hours or less. As for problem areas, I'm always nervous about pattern lift on delicate cutting, but I got lucky and had no lift this time.  Since I started using superglue instead of 3M77, lift is less problematic.  I did no detail filing.

Ranger Ray, if you are interested, I have a step by step tutorial in the tutorial section in the tutorial section:  http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/articles.html/_/resources/love-birds-coin-cutting-tutorial-r74

I couldn't figure out how to post a PDF in our gallery here, so here is a link to the pdf posted on the Fox Chapel forum:  http://forum.scrollsawer.com/filedata/fetch?id=835120&d=1451434412

-----Randy 

Edited by hotshot

Great job, Randy,

I absolutely love your dream catcher!

If you were selling these, how much do you think you would have to charge?

Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

With a name like SpiritHorse, you win the free coin lottery.  Send me your address if you want this.

---------Randy