Bird in Maple Leaf Framed

LarryEA

The bird in leaf is cut from 1/4" Oak Luan and is about 5" x 6" 

The frame is 8" x 6 1/2" .... The opening is 5" x 3 1/2"

Kinda like the idea of framing this. 

This is my first one and of course my Wife claimed it.

I plan on doing a variety of birds and hope I can keep some to sell. :D

post-5492-0-77320500-1452556892_thumb.jpg

Please give opinion and suggestions... Thank you.

Very nice cutting.  I waffle on the frame, not bad, but distracts from the cutting...  I wonder how it would like with some kind of solid background in the frame.  A darker color than the frame which may make the leaf stand out more...  I don't know really, I am not good at that sort of thing.

Very nice cutting.  I waffle on the frame, not bad, but distracts from the cutting...  I wonder how it would like with some kind of solid background in the frame.  A darker color than the frame which may make the leaf stand out more...  I don't know really, I am not good at that sort of thing.

Paul, I agree. This one my Wife likes it as it is.

I have two more of these and I am open to more suggestions. Maybe a diffferent frame, less prominent.

I will try a different style frame for another and see if I like it.

Thanks for your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice Larry...never seen a frame such as that....  (Pre-made frame stock given me by a professional frame shop)

(Stuff they did not want) I just cut and put it together.

I like it the way it is too.I think where the photo was taken on a table, it 

is not showing its true beauty...On the wall you have a treasure

Gordie, My Wife agrees with you totally!!!  And you made me sit up straight in my chair with a smile.

I like the frame!!! I like the Bird in Maple leaf!!! 

The idea of putting them together came from SSW&C Magazine that has some other 'bird' patterns. (last 2015 issue)

I am just x-spearmenting :D 

Thank you.....................

A very interesting way to display what might otherwise never see a frame. I love the idea. My first impression parallels that of Paul, if it were mine, I would fill in the open part behind the bird too, only because I think it would stand out better, However if the wall on which it is going to be mounted is other than white, it then may not need the backer. It is a wonderfully done and very interesting piece and I like it very much. Everyone has a different eye for art and if I had made this for my wife and it was perfect in her eyes, you better believe that I would not consider changing a thing about it, no matter how many others might have a different idea on it..

Dick

heppnerguy 

The bird in leaf is cut from 1/4" Oak Luan and is about 5" x 6" 

The frame is 8" x 6 1/2" .... The opening is 5" x 3 1/2"

Kinda like the idea of framing this. 

This is my first one and of course my Wife claimed it.

I plan on doing a variety of birds and hope I can keep some to sell. :D

attachicon.gifbird_maple_leaf_framed.jpg

Please give opinion and suggestions... Thank you.

Very well done ,Old Scroll .You have tricks in your bag never seen before ! ;) ;) ;)