Ba-na-na

Captain Jack

This was my Christmas present to my wife. Bananas are her favorite snack, and she loves the minions characters from Despicable Me (who also like bananas quite a bit  :) ). The stand is from a free plan I found on the 'net (http://www.startwoodworking.com/plans/build-countertop-banana-stand). I cut the arm on the scroll saw using an Olson thick wood blade and patience. I drew the character on paper, scanned it, cleaned up the edges in Photoshop, and cut out the pieces from various woods (yellow heart, purple heart, mahogany, wenge, and ebony) then layered them together with epoxy. I used my wood burner for the mouth. I found that a hemostat worked great as a clamp for cutting the various small parts and not losing them through the blade opening in the scroll saw.

post-25401-0-97989300-1452593952_thumb.jpg

post-25401-0-23744800-1452593963_thumb.jpg

This was my Christmas present to my wife. Bananas are her favorite snack, and she loves the minions characters from Despicable Me (who also like bananas quite a bit  :) ). The stand is from a free plan I found on the 'net (http://www.startwoodworking.com/plans/build-countertop-banana-stand). I cut the arm on the scroll saw using an Olson thick wood blade and patience. I drew the character on paper, scanned it, cleaned up the edges in Photoshop, and cut out the pieces from various woods (yellow heart, purple heart, mahogany, wenge, and ebony) then layered them together with epoxy. I used my wood burner for the mouth. I found that a hemostat worked great as a clamp for cutting the various small parts and not losing them through the blade opening in the scroll saw.

Nice looking work,thanks for showing!