Corian Scroll Saw Shell

britetomro

This Shell was completed last month. It is made out of Corian and the name is White Jasmine. Corian only comes in 1/2" thick pieces so I had to glue three layers together in order to obtain the thickness needed to create the wedges needed to make this shell. Overall it has 63 segments and curls inside 3 times. Corian is somewhat easier to work with on the scroll saw but it makes finer dust when cutting and the sanding needed to obtain the desired finish is truly a big mess. The stand is also made of two layers of black Corian and shaped to create a cup for the Shell to rest in. Thanks for looking.

post-1476-0-24196600-1452714134_thumb.jpg

post-1476-0-17983000-1452714148_thumb.jpg

This Shell was completed last month. It is made out of Corian and the name is White Jasmine. Corian only comes in 1/2" thick pieces so I had to glue three layers together in order to obtain the thickness needed to create the wedges needed to make this shell. Overall it has 63 segments and curls inside 3 times. Corian is somewhat easier to work with on the scroll saw but it makes finer dust when cutting and the sanding needed to obtain the desired finish is truly a big mess. The stand is also made of two layers of black Corian and shaped to create a cup for the Shell to rest in. Thanks for looking.

Nothing ventured nothing gained ,this this fabulous to see I'm sure,good job