Patterns

Lucky2

Hello, I'm trying to find a few good locations or ideas on where to sell patterns?They are not my patterns, I would be selling them for another person. Do you think that I would be better setting up a site to sell them from, or, is selling them on Facebook or Etsy the way to go? Any ideas?

Len

Hi, Len,

It looks like Charles Dearing (Artistic Cowboy) has tried about every venue imaginable and

is now selling his on Facebook so, maybe that gives some indication that more people would

view them there than other sites.

Just sort of thinking out loud and do not have any personal experience in selling patterns direct

to the customer.

God Bless! Spirithorse

It is an interesting subject.  Like Spirithorse  wrote, Charles Dearing sell in several places including a personal website.  He also belongs to a lot of scroll saw forums which helps him get known by scrollers.  If I were to sell work or patterns, I would try the personal web site route, if I could do it for free or very cheap.  The way I find patterns is through internet search.  It brings up mostly websites.

Add me to the list of those wanting to have the address of wherever you post them

I sell patterns through my website (www.scrollsawgoodies.com).  Some of them are my own designs, others I sell for Dale from Dale's Puzzles.  I don't sell a ton.  But I think on your personal website and maybe Etsy are your best bet.  The trick is to get people to your website or Easy store, which isn't easy.

Thanks to all who have replied to my query, your responses have covered all the bases. And believe it or not, your responses were exactly what I was thinking needed to be done to get into the market. It's just since I've never tried selling on the internet, I wasn't sure of what would be the best way to go about it. I feel better now about what I've been telling the pattern owner, I didn't want to pass on bad info. The particular person I'm talking about is a member of this forum, his patterns are very nice I've already purchased a quite a few of them. He has posted many times pictures of his work here, and he usually gets all positive replies. The pattern maker I'm speaking of is Helmut Hurtich, and he needs to find places to sell his patterns. He has had a bit of bad luck, and any sales will really help him out. If you check out his postings where he displays his work, usually there's a link to get into contact with him personally. Or, you can contact him at, helmuthurtichatgmail.com. He has his patterns in PDF form, and will e-mail them to you right away. The only wait is related to the time changes, he has to sleep sometime. Sometimes, it can be a bit hard to understand what he means, he's German and he uses a computer translator to converse. We all know how they work, sometimes the wording is not quite what you might want it to be.  Thanks again for replying, it's really appreciated.

Len

Hello, I'm trying to find a few good locations or ideas on where to sell patterns?They are not my patterns, I would be selling them for another person. Do you think that I would be better setting up a site to sell them from, or, is selling them on Facebook or Etsy the way to go? Any ideas?

Len

that's the silver bullet question we all want to know!