German Scroll Saw magazine

orangeman

This is the reply I received:

you can order our magazine FEINSCHNITTkreativ in our onlineshop http://www.drechslermagazin.net/dmshop/. It is possible to pay it with PayPal. That would be the best if you live in the United States. We also send our magazine to your address in the United States. If you want to order a subscription you have to order this http://www.drechslermagazin.net/dmshop/feinschnittkreativ/124-abo-ausland-feinschnitt-kreativ.html.

Unfortunately I do not know German and can not navigate the website to order the magazine. It is 39 euro plus shipping.

I went to Google and got an English translation of the first page but it won't let me "Add to Cart" .  When I add to cart in the German version I get another web page that is "Greek" to me.

Brian,

From my limited knowledge of German, I think you need to start with

"In den waren korb"  add to basket

"Zur Kasse gehen"  checkout

Then in the contacts section you have a choice to register or "Als gast kaufen"  buy as a guest.

Then you are asked for shipping address etc.

I'm sure their customer service could help too based on the reply you had,

Good luck,

Rob

Well I done did it!

Subscribed to the German magazine on their German language website.

Took me an hour as I had to jump back and forth to Google Translate for almost every word.

Got confirmation from the magazine and Paypal that everything went through.

As they say: "Nothing difficult is ever easy"

Well I done did it!

Subscribed to the German magazine on their German language website.

Took me an hour as I had to jump back and forth to Google Translate for almost every word.

Got confirmation from the magazine and Paypal that everything went through.

As they say: "Nothing difficult is ever easy"

Be interesting what's in it. Not asking you to share, just let us know what you think.

Also, I like that saying,  "Nothing difficult is ever easy" that should be 'Word Art'
and want to pass it along to Bobscroll ...hope you don't mind.

here is a link to a German scroll saw magazine:

http://www.drechslermagazin.net/dmshop/feinschnittkreativ/130-feinschnittkreativ-ausgabe-2.html

I sent them an e-mail asking about a subscription to a USA address.

bb

When i was doing airbrush the Germans had a magazine much better than the American one,i think your going to find the same is true for the scroll saw one too!

Wow, that was quick. Ordered the magazine on Jan 25 and received my first issue today - Winter 2015 issue!

The format seems similar to ScrollSaw Woodworking & Crafts in that there is an insert in the middle of the magazine with patterns.

There is a nice multi layered nativity puzzle as well as an intarsia nativity. Both very nice. Also a sled project whereby the sled moves via a cam mechanism.

Other patterns as well along the Christmas Holiday theme.

Also, there was an assortment of six different kinds of NIQUA blades (64 blades total) included in the magazine. I am pretty certain that Flying Dutchman blades sold in the USA are made by NIQUA.

All in all a nice magazine and I am glad I subscribed. I just wish I could read German :)

bb

Len,

some of the complex projects might be difficult without being able to read the tips and instructions in German.

Yes, the dimensions are in metric.

However, there is a modernistic multilayered nativity scene in the winter 205 issue which I will attempt to redesign into a single piece.

bb