Autism Awareness Coin

hotshot

post-1770-0-01427000-1453698520_thumb.jpg

It's fitting that to really see the pattern in this coin, you have to hold it up to the light.  Those that have been close to someone with autism may feel just how symbolic that is.   I cut the coin with the face upside down, and I think if I continue to cut this coin, I will do that every time.   We have a lady in the church that has a child with autism, so I created this pattern a few years back to accompany a box around that same theme.

This is the first Mexican Peso that I've cut. The coin is silver color all the way through and cuts really easy (easy on blades too), but I don't know what is is made of.  These are cheap coins and I bought a bunch.  I'm glad they cut well.  

----------Randy

Edited by hotshot

attachicon.gifhope.jpg

It's fitting that to really see the pattern in this coin, you have to hold it up to the light.  Those that have been close to someone with autism may feel just how symbolic that is.   I cut the coin with the face upside down, and I think if I continue to cut this coin, I will do that every time.   We have a lady in the church that has a child with autism, so I created this pattern a few years back to accompany a box around that same theme.

This is the first Mexican Peso that I've cut. The coin is silver color all the way through and cuts really easy (easy on blades too), but I don't know what is is made of.  These are cheap coins and I bought a bunch.  I'm glad they cut well.  

----------Randy

Good job as always!

(Peso Composition per Wikopedia is

Stainless steel

16% ~ 18% chromium

0.75% nickel, maximum

0.12% carbon, maximum

1% silicon, maximum

1% manganese, maximum

0.03% sulfur, maximum

0.04% phosphorus, maximum

remaining of iron

Wow, with that much steel, you would think it would be impossible to cut, but the other ingredients must soften it dramatically.  Thanks for the info.

--------Randy