Puzzles

Dan

A few weeks ago Dan (aka dansnow) did a couple of name puzzles. This inspired me to do one for my 2-1/2 year old grandson. He likes trucks and I wanted him to start spelling his name and this is what I came up with. It's 12" X 7", 1/4" BB ply. The letters are acrylic paints and the whole thing has several coats of poly.

post-1503-0-79995100-1453770157_thumb.jpg

Lesson learned: The pieces fit well with a slight bit of play using a FD-UR #5 but next time I make one I'll use a #7 or #9 for a wider kerf. I'm not sure how well he will be able to put the letters in place. I'll find out later this week.

Thanks everyone.

Orangeman, the font is Arial Rounded Bold.the backer is 1/4" plywood. I painted the backer before gluing the two layers together. I colored the backing to match the letters to help him learn colors. He says green and yellow so maybe this will help with other colors.

DW, ahh, good idea. I'm sure I'll be making more and will add the finger hole. Thanks for the tip.

A few weeks ago Dan (aka dansnow) did a couple of name puzzles. This inspired me to do one for my 2-1/2 year old grandson. He likes trucks and I wanted him to start spelling his name and this is what I came up with. It's 12" X 7", 1/4" BB ply. The letters are acrylic paints and the whole thing has several coats of poly.

attachicon.gifPuzzle-Truck-Aedan.jpg

Lesson learned: The pieces fit well with a slight bit of play using a FD-UR #5 but next time I make one I'll use a #7 or #9 for a wider kerf. I'm not sure how well he will be able to put the letters in place. I'll find out later this week.

Kids like to,be able to,do,things on there own and getting a piece to fit will make them happy.now a 4 year old just loves a shovel and a bucket to put sand in and tote it some where .They love being free to do something like that!