A source of free wood

qlty

This time of the year with the holidays liquor stores sell lots of wine,much of it comes into the country in wood boxes that they throw out.Most of it is 1/4 &1/2 inch thick and many different types of pine much having a nice grain to it.I have made good use of it scrolling plaques and word art.Its kind of neat when a piece has french writing on the back of it.They are starting to call me a dumpster diver around town but I never complain about the price of it. John aka qlty

Do yourselves a favor and check with store owners about "dumpster diving" in their dumpsters. I know that here where I live, the local authorities will try to cook your goose for Christmas if you check dumpsters without permission. I've come close to getting into hot water a few times. I really didn't see the problem myself. As long as you do things safely, it seems to me they'd be glad that you're recycling, with everyone wanting to "go green" these days.