This one scared me

heppnerguy

I had a request to do an indoor sign for a woman in town and she wanted it to be a minimum of 24 inches long and 12 inches deep. I quoted her a price, which was really not enough for what she wanted but I was hoping for a little more work from her in the future. It turned out to be a real task for me due to the material being longer than the saw throat. The extra width made it impossible to get a turn on the end parts but somehow I was able to get it done. Then my next fear was that she was going to find fault with it and refuse the item. Tonight she came to the house and picked it up and she gave me $10 more than I had asked her for the piece. On top of that, she ordered 2 more smaller ones to take to her cattle shows to put on the stalls of her entries. I told her the price would be the same as I quoted her in the first place and she was just fine with it. So I have two more sales from that sign. I was sweating it and ended up feeling pretty good. I still do not like custom designs but it seems like I get a lot of them

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-16512800-1455242384_thumb.jpg

post-2238-0-54182300-1455242395_thumb.jpg

Edited by heppnerguy

There you go Dick. 

Once again by doing the right thing, not overcharging, and of course your expert craftsmanship,

you landed another customer, not just for one project, but for several more.  You seem to have

the right formula down pat.  We all could learn a few things from your work ethics.  

Well done my friend.

I had a request to do an indoor sign for a woman in town and she wanted it to be a minimum of 24 inches long and 12 inches deep. I quoted her a price, which was really not enough for what she wanted but I was hoping for a little more work from her in the future. It turned out to be a real task for me due to the material being longer than the saw throat. The extra width made it impossible to get a turn on the end parts but somehow I was able to get it done. Then my next fear was that she was going to find fault with it and refuse the item. Tonight she came to the house and picked it up and she gave me $10 more than I had asked her for the piece. On top of that, she ordered 2 more smaller ones to take to her cattle shows to put on the stalls of her entries. I told her the price would be the same as I quoted her in the first place and she was just fine with it. So I have two more sales from that sign. I was sweating it and ended up feeling pretty good. I still do not like custom designs but it seems like I get a lot of them

Dick

heppnerguy

Not your hardest work buy a long shot ,just different  ,piece of cake for you! ANOTHER NOTCH ON YOUR BELT!

I have been very busy in my shop. I do not post most of the things I cut unless they are new for me and not a repeat or I just enjoyed the task. I have made some pieces for Valentine's day and got one more of the longhorn signs cut and I have 4 intersecting name pieces to mail our on Tuesday. somehow the requested thins just seem to come in from nowhere and I have yet to not make my goal for selling things. I have some things to post today and probably tomorrow too. Been a fun year so far.

Dick

heppnerguy