Haida Art.......Native art of the Northwest Pacific.....

Scrolling Steve

Tried something a little different after my attempt at Intarsia....Pieces are cut from 1/4 and 3/8 BB....cut with FDUR #1 blades....used a #65 bit to try and keep the entry hole from standing out ....Painted and replaced parts using the colors used by the Haida Natives......Images  i used as patterns came from Googling Haida Tattoo art.....Enjoyed doing this,  do not really know what to call it...What do you guys think !?!

post-23573-0-79854600-1455550930_thumb.jpg

post-23573-0-93711100-1455550954_thumb.jpg

post-23573-0-11976300-1455550968_thumb.jpg

Tried something a little different after my attempt at Intarsia....Pieces are cut from 1/4 and 3/8 BB....cut with FDUR #1 blades....used a #65 bit to try and keep the entry hole from standing out ....Painted and replaced parts using the colors used by the Haida Natives......Images  i used as patterns came from Googling Haida Tattoo art.....Enjoyed doing this,  do not really know what to call it...What do you guys think !?!

Absolutely incredible skills to have it out come be this nice,Prize winning material here,I'm impressed! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I love this kind of art.  Have some pattern/images I saved a long time ago, but never got around to figuring how I would do it.  You really did a beautiful job with yours. 

Paul I first saw this type of art while I was visiting my youngest son out your way in Bellingham Wash.......We took a little side trip into Canada and while saw some Haida Totems.....Thanks for the kind words!

Your projects look awesome, I really like this kind of art. You done a great job of not having the holes show. The way that you did the paint looks really clean, I can still see the grain of the wood. If you don't mind telling us what kind of paint did you use and how did you apply it?

Thanks for sharing.

The wood not painted was coated in Minwax Natural stain and all the colors are just rattle can paints.....Tried to stay true to the basic colors that were used by Haida natives.....Thanks for the kind words!