I'm back again

keefie

Hi all, I'm back again. If looking after dad then getting an infection in my leg keeping me away wasn't bad enough my computer completely died on me. It wouldn't even start up to the desktop so I've lost most of my pictures and patterns as the main problem was the hard drive was corrupted. I have had to go for a new computer which has windows 10 on it. Now I'm trying to work my way around the new operating system. I haven't tried to load it yet, but I've been told that my copy of CorelDraw 12 won't work on windows 10 and a new copy of the latest version is very expensive ( over £400)

I should be back in here more often now I have a working computer (and I can barely hear it too - the old one was very noisy) so I hope to be able to catch up with all that has been going on here.

Keefie.

Hi all, I'm back again. If looking after dad then getting an infection in my leg keeping me away wasn't bad enough my computer completely died on me. It wouldn't even start up to the desktop so I've lost most of my pictures and patterns as the main problem was the hard drive was corrupted. I have had to go for a new computer which has windows 10 on it. Now I'm trying to work my way around the new operating system. I haven't tried to load it yet, but I've been told that my copy of CorelDraw 12 won't work on windows 10 and a new copy of the latest version is very expensive ( over £400)

I should be back in here more often now I have a working computer (and I can barely hear it too - the old one was very noisy) so I hope to be able to catch up with all that has been going on here.

Keefie.

Glad to have you back friend!

One very nice feature with Windows 10 is it is fairly simple to backup data to the "Cloud".  You can even set it up to do it automatically for all folders or select folders.  Either do that or invest in a backup drive.  Windows is free up to a point (you have to store a lot to hit that point) and backup drives are cheap ($50-$75 USD).

Keefie, There should be no reason that your Corel Draw won't work with Windows 10.  If for some reason you have trouble running it normally you can run it in Compatability mode which makes the program think its running in an older version of Windows.  To do this you right click on the program icon on your desktop, click on properties then go to where it says compatability and click the box to run it in an older version of windows.    If you have trouble or have any more questions feel free to message me on here and I'd be happy to help you out.

Keefie, There should be no reason that your Corel Draw won't work with Windows 10.  If for some reason you have trouble running it normally you can run it in Compatability mode which makes the program think its running in an older version of Windows.  To do this you right click on the program icon on your desktop, click on properties then go to where it says compatability and click the box to run it in an older version of windows.    If you have trouble or have any more questions feel free to message me on here and I'd be happy to help you out.

Hi Triple J,

my problem with CorelDraw is that it won't actually install from the disk.  It comes up with the error message " Failed to install ISKernel files" then closes the installer package.  I don't know if you have any idea's on this?

Keefie.