New saw

woodduck

Bit the bullet today & ordered a new saw ,a ex21 although down here it is labeled "General", a lot of expense $1100 In Aussie money My old saw was not holding a set speed for me & I was getting fed up with breaking blades trying to push them up through the holes,I think it was the constant bending that caused it.now I wont have to stand on my head to try & find the holes.It should be here in a couple of days so cant wait to set it up & have a whirl on it.Cheers Peter

I think you will love top feeding.  If you are used to bottom feeding, you may miss the hole in table a few times, but after a while, you will develop an instinct for it.  Same with working the bottom clamp blind.

However, new is always a little uncomfortable, so stick with it, after some practice, you will be really really glad you did.

--------Randy

Bit the bullet today & ordered a new saw ,a ex21 although down here it is labeled "General", a lot of expense $1100 In Aussie money My old saw was not holding a set speed for me & I was getting fed up with breaking blades trying to push them up through the holes,I think it was the constant bending that caused it.now I wont have to stand on my head to try & find the holes.It should be here in a couple of days so cant wait to set it up & have a whirl on it.Cheers Peter

After years of using low cost saws i had no idea what a better saw would be like.I finally upgraded to a dewalt and it's sweet as a kitten in every way.I've owned 4 and still have 3! It puts a whole new meaning in scrolling comfort!Enjoy!

Congratulations on your new Saw.  Hope you have many years of fun using it.