DV-10A Dust Collector

tonylumps

I tried jury rigging my Fein Vac to my scroll saw.It is a pain in the neck to keep switching back and forth. I looked for a dedicated system just for the Scroll saw. Went on to Seyco web site and they had one. DV-10A anyone familiar with it. I went and ordered it. I need to do something.This fine dust is as bad as a Sander. 

I tried jury rigging my Fein Vac to my scroll saw.It is a pain in the neck to keep switching back and forth. I looked for a dedicated system just for the Scroll saw. Went on to Seyco web site and they had one. DV-10A anyone familiar with it. I went and ordered it. I need to do something.This fine dust is as bad as a Sander. 

I'll be earnestly waiting on complete info coming into you from members.This is one I've not heard of in the forum.

I've considered the Seyco dust collector a few times and chose to leave alone. Not because of price or not being a quality product. But because I prefer no additional noise when scrolling. Be interesting to see your reviews Anthony once you've it set up and have used it awhile. I still may change my mind being there are not many options for a quiet operating vacuum system for a scrollsaw. Wood dust is very dangerous, especially the exotic wood dust. I always wear a good and comfortable dust mask when cutting or sanding. I have a dust collector system set up to my other machines run by my shop vac and still dust concerns me all the time. Credit to you for considering protecting your lungs.

I've considered the Seyco dust collector a few times and chose to leave alone. Not because of price or not being a quality product. But because I prefer no additional noise when scrolling. Be interesting to see your reviews Anthony once you've it set up and have used it awhile. I still may change my mind being there are not many options for a quiet operating vacuum system for a scrollsaw. Wood dust is very dangerous, especially the exotic wood dust. I always wear a good and comfortable dust mask when cutting or sanding. I have a dust collector system set up to my other machines run by my shop vac and still dust concerns me all the time. Credit to you for considering protecting your lungs.

Noise is a factor. My fein is pretty Quiet. But it is just a pain to jury rig it to the Scroll saw. I will let everybody know how it works out especially the sound level.From what I understand it is made here in the states.Seyco and the manufacture both have good reputations.

Tony, I have had the Seyco system for about a year now....Sometimes I love it and sometimes not so much!......It does a pretty good job and I guess my biggest complaint is if I do not get the seal just right when i change the bag it will blow out dust into the shop area......I get about a week out of a bag if I am not scrolling more than a few hrs each day....The knock out jar catches a lot before it gets to the bag....Not real loud but does add to the noise level as i have it mounted to the leg on the stand. I am not going to recommend that everyone run out and get one but i am glad i have it......I really like the in line switch that turns it on when i activate the foot pedal......Hope this helps and hope you enjoy it...Steve.

Tony, I have had the Seyco system for about a year now....Sometimes I love it and sometimes not so much!......It does a pretty good job and I guess my biggest complaint is if I do not get the seal just right when i change the bag it will blow out dust into the shop area......I get about a week out of a bag if I am not scrolling more than a few hrs each day....The knock out jar catches a lot before it gets to the bag....Not real loud but does add to the noise level as i have it mounted to the leg on the stand. I am not going to recommend that everyone run out and get one but i am glad i have it......I really like the in line switch that turns it on when i activate the foot pedal......Hope this helps and hope you enjoy it...Steve.

Thanks Steve The canister and the Auto switch is what made me interested My big vac also has the auto switch That is a nice option.I hope it works out or back to square one

Well I recieved the DV-10 vac today and did some cutting.As far as being Quiet,it is as loud as my Fein Vac when it is on High. On the Fein I have the option to turn it down The noise is not that annoying.Not as near as bad as some vacs that i have used.The suction is very good for a Vac this size. I was surprised with that.The Cyclone Canister does a very good job of collecting the majority of the dust.They include a three way to attach to your foot switch.They do mention that it is not for constant on.So a foot switch is needed.It is all metal construction The little funnel comes with a magnet attached so you have some good options to mount.I think it is a goo set up for  dedicated dust control.Hope this helps

post-29130-0-20262900-1456853847_thumb.jpg

Edited by tonylumps

Personally, there are a couple of things that I think are critical for a scroll saw vac.

- Ability to run constantly as I will scroll for a hour at a time. Most vacs are not rated for this.

- The vac is HEPA rated. It is well known that the small particles are the most hazardous. Unless a vac is collecting these particles, they are just being blown back into the air to breath.

Personally, there are a couple of things that I think are critical for a scroll saw vac.

- Ability to run constantly as I will scroll for a hour at a time. Most vacs are not rated for this.

- The vac is HEPA rated. It is well known that the small particles are the most hazardous. Unless a vac is collecting these particles, they are just being blown back into the air to breath.

See I am new at scroll sawing You do not use a momentary foot switch. Your saw is running all of the time.What do you do for inside cuts.What the company suggested was using a foot switch,it is enough to cool the Vac down while cutting

I do not do fret work or word signs. Most of my projects are Intarsia or thick puzzles. I know that many love a foot switch but it is uncomfortable for me as no matter how I put things it stresses my back. (I have metal in my back and chronic pain with it.)

The great thing about the scroll saw is that there are so many different things to make and different ways to make them. With Intarsia I cut a lot of exotic woods and these can be hazardous to breath. I have added dust collection above and below the table and it gets a very high per cent of the dust.

I am using a Festool dust extractor which is HEPA rated and rated for continuous use. It also is set up to come on when my scroll saw comes on. It is very quiet and has variable speed. I bought it to use with other tools on my shop but is great for the scroll saw. The downside is the price.

hopefully soon i am gonna get kicking on a downdraft/scrollsaw table. ive worked on a downdraft table before and it had excellent dust suckage(?????) and could barely hear it. so im thinkin something similar should work pretty good to pull all the dust down before it gets a chance to get in the air.

plus id be able to hear the radio still.

but hopefully not so quiet i can hear myself think!

Edited by tomsteve

• 4 months later...