Granddaughter and Rocking Horse

jbrowning

My granddaughter Aubrey came by and saw me for a few minutes today. I have been working on making little rocking horses that little kids could hold easily. So I thought I would try it out on her. Of course she dropped it just before I took the picture. The rocking horse is roughly 6"x6". I am going to look for some maple 1/4" and see how that turns out.

Aubrey%20Rocking%20Horse_zpsz65bras9.jpg

Thanks

Jim

My granddaughter Aubrey came by and saw me for a few minutes today. I have been working on making little rocking horses that little kids could hold easily. So I thought I would try it out on her. Of course she dropped it just before I took the picture. The rocking horse is roughly 6"x6". I am going to look for some maple 1/4" and see how that turns out.

Aubrey%20Rocking%20Horse_zpsz65bras9.jpg

Thanks

Jim

She's stealing your heart!Daily!

Hello Len, yes she is a sweetheart and grandpa is totally wrapped around her finger.

As far as the thickness of the wood. This was one of those I will it with what I have to see what it looks like. I stack cut two of these on 1/4" plywood. I gave it to her to handle to see if it was too big or small. She seemed to be able to handle it very well (She is only 10 months). Funny thing is that the only times she dropped was when she was looking at me and she would slowly open her hand and let it fall to the floor saying "oh oh" :). So the next pair I make I'm going to use 1/2" Maple or I will get a sheet that is 3/4" and split it down the center, even though I'm afraid of doing that it will be about the same thickness as the 1/4". Hope that isn't too confusing. I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet. Thank you for all the replies.

Today's docket includes cutting a sleigh and 9 reindeer out of 3/4" oak plywood on the front driveway driving the neighbors crazy.

Thanks

Jim

Edited by jbrowning