Inkscape Hint ???

jerry1939

Every 3-4 weeks I go to Font.com searching for the elusive "perfect" font. The last time I loaded 4 or 5 and thought it slowed down Inkscape. Went to; START-CONTROL PANEL-FONTS and it showed a LOT of fonts. Uninstalled a bunch (about 1/4 - 1/3 showed a screen saying that one, or group, were protected & the would stay. Long story short, I thought that it helped to "throw out some of the trash."

Another part of our problem could be that we are still using one of the first computers made. It is attached to, and is powered by a treadmill, as opposed to those new fangled ones that plug into a wall outlet. (I tried running faster, but that spills the beer onto the keyboard.)

jerry

I use a program called Font Viewer.  A free program that views all installed fonts, or installs them, or you can view all uninstalled fonts.  Then you keep all the uninstalled fonts in one folder and install as needed.  With Font Viewer you have an option of "Install Temporarily" or just "Install Font", if you choose to install temporarily, the program uninstalls it when you close the program you are using.  With this system you can view all of your fonts in a large comfortable size, see which ones you want to try on this project, temp install, finish, close.  Next time you open that program, ( Inkscape, Photoshop, Thunderbird, whatever. ) the program you are using won't take so long to open, since it doesn't have to load hundreds and hundreds of fonts first.  Makes everything run much smoother, imo.  Might want to give that a try.  I love it and use it constantly.  Just make a folder called Uninstalled Fonts, download all fonts to that, View as needed.

Russell

Every 3-4 weeks I go to Font.com searching for the elusive "perfect" font. The last time I loaded 4 or 5 and thought it slowed down Inkscape. Went to; START-CONTROL PANEL-FONTS and it showed a LOT of fonts. Uninstalled a bunch (about 1/4 - 1/3 showed a screen saying that one, or group, were protected & the would stay. Long story short, I thought that it helped to "throw out some of the trash."

Another part of our problem could be that we are still using one of the first computers made. It is attached to, and is powered by a treadmill, as opposed to those new fangled ones that plug into a wall outlet. (I tried running faster, but that spills the beer onto the keyboard.)

jerry

post-1607-0-11114300-1456584601_thumb.jpg Your on your own for the beer,lol

Edited by amazingkevin