Key in Heart - New Dewalt !

FranMike Harley

Hi SSV.. Some of you "old timers" know my story. Started scrolling just this last December after my Wife surprised me a Porter Cable saw for Christmas. Nice saw for a "newbie" but after a few months now (and countless stories of how folks moved up to a Dewalt or EX), I've been hesitant to make the move up myself - didn't want to hurt my Wife's feelings..

She obviously sees how much I enjoy it now so we got to talking the other night and I said something like "one day, I'd like to get a better saw etc.. etc..". She said, "what are you waiting for then ? Get one !"

Needless to say, the next day I was ordering a Dewalt from Amazon with the stand. :) I was going to order the light as well but read too many negatives about it.. It came 2 days ago and boy, what a difference a good machine makes ! Wow.. First of all, the thing weighs a ton.. Good sign there - solid.. Quiet.. No vibration.. And I can't believe how quick it takes to replace a blade or feed a blade through. The Porter Cable, not so much.. I had to make several practice cuts to get used to it. 

So I decided that for my first project with it, I'd do something for my Wife. It's a Steve Goode pattern. In fact, she hasn't even seen it yet.. You folks are seeing it before her  :!:  I'll show it to her tonight  :thumbs:  After all, if it wasn't for her gift to me, not sure I'd even be here with you all right now  :cool:

I painted the backboard white where the letters overlay so you can see them better. Here's the first of hopefully many more projects to come  :D

Key to My Heart (Key Out)

Key to My Heart (Key In)

Similar story here. My wife surprised me with my first saw maybe three years ago. When she saw how much I enjoyed the hobby she went out and got me a De Walt, God bless her. I asked her recently what ever made her decide to get me that first saw and she couldn't answer. Oh well if she can ever think of it she knows where to find me.( in the shop lol )

Hi SSV.. Some of you "old timers" know my story. Started scrolling just this last December after my Wife surprised me a Porter Cable saw for Christmas. Nice saw for a "newbie" but after a few months now (and countless stories of how folks moved up to a Dewalt or EX), I've been hesitant to make the move up myself - didn't want to hurt my Wife's feelings..

She obviously sees how much I enjoy it now so we got to talking the other night and I said something like "one day, I'd like to get a better saw etc.. etc..". She said, "what are you waiting for then ? Get one !"

Needless to say, the next day I was ordering a Dewalt from Amazon with the stand. :) I was going to order the light as well but read too many negatives about it.. It came 2 days ago and boy, what a difference a good machine makes ! Wow.. First of all, the thing weighs a ton.. Good sign there - solid.. Quiet.. No vibration.. And I can't believe how quick it takes to replace a blade or feed a blade through. The Porter Cable, not so much.. I had to make several practice cuts to get used to it. 

So I decided that for my first project with it, I'd do something for my Wife. It's a Steve Goode pattern. In fact, she hasn't even seen it yet.. You folks are seeing it before her  :!:  I'll show it to her tonight  :thumbs:  After all, if it wasn't for her gift to me, not sure I'd even be here with you all right now  :cool:

I painted the backboard white where the letters overlay so you can see them better. Here's the first of hopefully many more projects to come  :D

She's going to love this and expect more tools from her soon.Keep the gifts coming to her.Trivets,Mom's kitchen,ETC.You could'nt have picked a better project to say i love you :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

My husband bought my first scroll saw but it wasn't for me it was for himself.  :lol: :lol:   I asked how it worked and he showed me and that was it I was hooked.  That was a 16" Delta, I got 5 years solid use out of it, then I got myself a DeWalt and then about 3 or 4 years ago my husband got me a EX21 for my birthday.  So spouses come in useful don't they :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .  No they are generous.  :heart:   I bet your with loved her gift and could see how much your scrolling had improved.  She also knows how to keep you from getting under her feet and out of the house. ;):lol:

Marg

Congratulations on your new saw. The piece for your wife is great.  She should be pleased.