New Saw

woodduck

The new saw arrived on Monday,Have it all set up now,when I first tried it it was cutting a bit vicious for me so had to rotate the motor to find that sweet spot.It is taking a bit of getting used to after my old saw ,the low speed of the new one is a lot faster than the low speed on my old saw.Oh well I will just have to practice to get it to do what I want,It is a beautiful saw though & am not sorry I bought it. Cheers Peter

post-19963-0-86353100-1456900267_thumb.jpg

Very nice, one is in my immediate future too, I hope.

Could you tell me where you bought the light you show on the upper arm, it appears to be zip tied?

I bought the light from our local Bunnings store but thats in Australia It is a LED clip on fitting & I attached it by using one of the screws in the top arm & a zip tie as well,the switch is held on top of the arm with double sided tape.

The new saw arrived on Monday,Have it all set up now,when I first tried it it was cutting a bit vicious for me so had to rotate the motor to find that sweet spot.It is taking a bit of getting used to after my old saw ,the low speed of the new one is a lot faster than the low speed on my old saw.Oh well I will just have to practice to get it to do what I want,It is a beautiful saw though & am not sorry I bought it. Cheers Peter

You talked me into wanting one now!

Congrats on getting the new saw Peter, I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did you pay for it? The only reason for asking, is that I wonder how much price difference there is between there and here. You will get lots of use out of it, they're built to last.

Len

Hi Len I forked out $1099 Australian for the saw + $47 for the Freight 

Peter, congrats on the new scroll saw :)

I got EX-16  about 3 months ago (lightly used). Haven't done a lot but I am having problems with too much front to back blade travel. I haven't messed with clocking the motor yet. Once you are happy with that process, please give me a hand. I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Sam

Peter, congrats on the new scroll saw :)

I got EX-16  about 3 months ago (lightly used). Haven't done a lot but I am having problems with too much front to back blade travel. I haven't messed with clocking the motor yet. Once you are happy with that process, please give me a hand. I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Sam

Hi Sam yes I have adjusted the motor you can either put a 90 degrees set square in front of the blade so you can see what angle it is cutting or as I did put a piece of about 2" timber in front of the blade and watch where it is cutting I have mine set to just about 90 Degrees which left a faint saw cut the full height of the  timber. I loosened the screws holding the motor  just slightly so it just turns & turned  the motor with it running till I was happy with the angle .If you run out of adjustment you can move the screws to the other end of the slot,Hope this helps you. Cheers Peter