2 Quick Projects

FranMike Harley

Had some time yesterday so did the "24" ornament for my Sister who is a Jeff Gordon fan and the St Pat's trinket for our friends who have invited us over to their house to celebrate St Pats Day.  Nothing fancy but wanted to share.

Good job, they will be happy to receive these,Good of you to think of them! :)

Nice cutting.  Your sister needs to find a new driver to support.  Gordon retired, didn't he?

Yep, as Dan said, he's working the booth now.. But my Sister is in mourning now  :rofl:  She can hang the ornament up in her "racing" room/office and think about the good ol days when her and Jeff ... Err (she wishes).. When she watched him race on tv  :!:  :!:

Edited by FranMike

Yep, as Dan said, he's working the booth now.. But my Sister is in mourning now  :rofl:  She can hang the ornament up in her "racing" room/office and think about the good ol days when her and Jeff ... Err (she wishes).. When she watched him race on tv  :!:  :!:

My son was a career Navy pilot.  Flew F-18 Super Hornet.  One his jobs once was to schedule and coordinate the fly overs at sporting events.  He did several NASCAR races.  Instead of flying over the event he scheduled himself to be at the event coordinating.  One day when I got home there was a message on my answering machine.  There was a roar in the background and then he was yelling into the phone saying "I thought you might want to hear what it is like to be in Jeff Gorden's pit during a race.  They are coming around the track now!"  Then all I could here was this massive roar and nothing else.  He had met Jeff Gorden when he was down in the pit area.   Mr. Gorden and all the other drivers went out of their way to acknowledge military personal.  Gorden invited him to watch the race from his pit.  He met Gorden several times after that and Gorden always remember his name and went out of his way to talk to my son.  Gave him one of his pit crew hats signed by him.  Guess he was a very nice person.

My son was a career Navy pilot.  Flew F-18 Super Hornet.  One his jobs once was to schedule and coordinate the fly overs at sporting events.  He did several NASCAR races.  Instead of flying over the event he scheduled himself to be at the event coordinating.  One day when I got home there was a message on my answering machine.  There was a roar in the background and then he was yelling into the phone saying "I thought you might want to hear what it is like to be in Jeff Gorden's pit during a race.  They are coming around the track now!"  Then all I could here was this massive roar and nothing else.  He had met Jeff Gorden when he was down in the pit area.   Mr. Gorden and all the other drivers went out of their way to acknowledge military personal.  Gorden invited him to watch the race from his pit.  He met Gorden several times after that and Gorden always remember his name and went out of his way to talk to my son.  Gave him one of his pit crew hats signed by him.  Guess he was a very nice person.

Great story, Paul. Thank you for sharing.. NASCAR is VERY PRO-Military.. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank your Son for his Service to our Country  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Ya, he just retired last October.  Flying for FedEx now.  from a fighter jet to a big MD11.  Big difference.  I'll pass on your thanks, he always appreciates it, but feels he should be saying thanks to the tax payers instead.  Thanking them for allowing him to have such an awesome career.  He loved every minute of it.

Edited by Scrappile

I am anxious to talk with you about your son and his carrier. Next month we are going to San Diego for a retirement of a Marine Col. Who was also a pilot but he flew C 130's. He also flew for United Airlines and was a pilot instructor for both jobs. These guys are alike in a lot of ways.

Dick

heppnerguy