She Said Yes In 2016

wombatie

Some of you may remember my mother / mother in law from Hell who wanted her daughtes and partners names in a circle, especially Russell, you know the one that couldn't even spell her daughters' partners name correctly. Well she chose this pattern and she also wanted to choose the wood and this is what she chose. The pattern is by Steve Good, I had to change the font slightly because I did feel it looked good.  The wood is 1/4 inch Camphor and 3/4 inch ????? didn't have a name so not sure. Both woods were a dream to cut.  But I feel that the heart is a bit fragile. It was finished with 3 coats of Danish Oil. Oh and its got a small pink rhinestone for a ring.

Marg

post-1251-0-77072300-1457500008_thumb.jpgpost-1251-0-13074600-1457499997_thumb.jpgpost-1251-0-74536000-1457500022_thumb.jpgpost-1251-0-78351400-1457500037_thumb.jpg

Some of you may remember my mother / mother in law from Hell who wanted her daughtes and partners names in a circle, especially Russell, you know the one that couldn't even spell her daughters' partners name correctly. Well she chose this pattern and she also wanted to choose the wood and this is what she chose. The pattern is by Steve Good, I had to change the font slightly because I did feel it looked good.  The wood is 1/4 inch Camphor and 3/4 inch ????? didn't have a name so not sure. Both woods were a dream to cut.  But I feel that the heart is a bit fragile. It was finished with 3 coats of Danish Oil. Oh and its got a small pink rhinestone for a ring.

Marg

attachicon.gif2016-03-07 14.43.59.jpgattachicon.gif2016-03-07 14.44.07.jpgattachicon.gif2016-03-07 14.44.27.jpgattachicon.gif2016-03-07 14.44.39.jpg

You made this look so good now,Good choice of woods  stains and project!

Excellent work on that.  Your whole project came out great Marg.  I have never used Camphor before.  Is the wood oily?  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

No DW I don't find it oily but it does smell sooooooooooooo nice, you don't want to stop.

Marg