Bitten by Denny's Birdhouse Bug...

Montserrat

... I got the pattern.  I had some poplar in the raw for compound cutting.  Used the bandsaw to cut it into pieces the right size for birdhouses.  But no matter what I tried, I could not get the pattern to adhere to the wood.  I ended up double-wrapping with packing tape, but it would always slightly slide when cutting the second side. 

Either way.  Here are the first six - freshly oiled.  Bought the eye-hooks already.  They are so much fun.  

Also, Denny, how do you get the birds onto the perch?  I ended up drilling them in the bottom to fit the perch. post-28761-0-91153600-1458516111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Montserrat

... I got the pattern.  I had some poplar in the raw for compound cutting.  Used the bandsaw to cut it into pieces the right size for birdhouses.  But no matter what I tried, I could get the pattern to adhere to the wood.  I ended up double-wrapping with packing tape, but it would always slightly slide when cutting the second side. 

Either way.  Here are the first six - freshly oiled.  Bought the eye-hooks already.  They are so much fun.  

Also, Denny, how do get the birds onto the perch?  I ended up drilling them in the bottom to fit the perch. attachicon.gif1170714_10208037503166745_1689390591628738895_n.jpg

Please please some one some where send me mini bird houses for me to have at.These beauties have tantalized me long enough.Montserrat i wish we could team up and mass produce these 1 fold.your very good at what you do and i would love a teacher like you pupil in training!

Wow nice going on the Miniature Birdhouses.  As for attaching the pattern to the blank, I copy the patterns to contact paper, then cover with packing tape.  After the first cut keep the blank in stock and wrap again with packing tape.

I also drill a hole in the base of the bird blank to fit the dowel.  For the dowels, I use wood skewers.

Please please some one some where send me mini bird houses for me to have at.These beauties have tantalized me long enough.Montserrat i wish we could team up and mass produce these 1 fold.your very good at what you do and i would love a teacher like you pupil in training!

Yes Kev just purchased the plans for the birdhouses myself ,you can get them from Diana Thompson"s site www.scrollsawinspirations.com  

I have made lot's of mini birdhouses, everybody loved them.

I used 1/8 dowel for the perch to hold the bird and also I used lint from the dryer to put in the hole with a little bit of dried grass, just put a little bit of glue in the

hole and then put the lint and grass in.

Attached are some finish products and some are still in the unfinish state.

post-27606-0-36689300-1458668659_thumb.jpg

post-27606-0-26575500-1458668668_thumb.jpg

post-27606-0-01091700-1458668679_thumb.jpg