Batman inlay

Alexander Helbich

Not stained yet, nor glued together or filled. 

TONS of holes, Didnt do the inlay properly, Wood was too thick to stack for the stacking method.

Also, I suck at following the lines apparently. Didnt have good blades, only home depot ones left to work with. Waiting for some in the mail, but had the itch to finish it!

post-29314-0-13086900-1459284489_thumb.jpg

When all you have is big box blades, go to your local tavern until the mailman brings good blades.  I really like what you did but when I get the good blades I would probably work to get a feel for how they cut and then redo the entire thing,  Be sure to save this one so you have a reference point for how much you improve and how quickly.

Edited by Doug

Not stained yet, nor glued together or filled. 

TONS of holes, Didnt do the inlay properly, Wood was too thick to stack for the stacking method.

Also, I suck at following the lines apparently. Didnt have good blades, only home depot ones left to work with. Waiting for some in the mail, but had the itch to finish it!

Much better than one i tryed and i had lots of experience too.Your going to be really something in the village with your skills! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Been working with scrap wood lately, Only thing I had was 3/4 left that was decently big enough for the pattern.

Can't stack 2 3/4 peices, thats way to big!

haha.

Yeah, Ill deff try to do some stack cuts and do the inlays "properly" when I get my blades in the mail. Big box ones really didnt want to move with the wood instead of "bend" and "twist" sideways.

Thanks tho! Ill keep trying! thats for sure!!

Much better than one i tryed and i had lots of experience too.Your going to be really something in the village with your skills! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks, Keep trying different things and seeing how they look with my "lack" of experiance! :D

Yes Alex, I think you should recut the infill piece. If for no other reason, it's a perfect chance to practice cutting on the line. I don't like big box store blades, but, even with them you should be able to follow the pattern lines. They were all that was available to me when I first started out, I learned how to use them and had no issues. You have to put the time it takes into practicing your cuts, and each different type of project could require more practice.

Len

Yeah, I read up on it quite a bit before hand, I just wanted to see how this would look like or how it worked out.

Didnt wanna stack 3/4 peices which I had. haha.

Thanks everyone  I will try it again properly and post the next version of this once i get can the blades in and proper wood.