My great grandfather's tractor

heppnerguy

some of you might recall that I had a request for my wife's great grandfathers tractor pattern. Mehendra was able to come up with one that I could use so I cut it. I then colorized it and this is the results. I also made one with the colorizing being on the backer board, instead, but my wife  said she did not like that one so i tried it this way, I just used water colors and with next to my no talent nature, it turned out about as well as I can do.

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-36389000-1459463505_thumb.jpg

some of you might recall that I had a request for my wife's great grandfathers tractor pattern. Mehendra was able to come up with one that I could use so I cut it. I then colorized it and this is the results. I also made one with the colorizing being on the backer board, instead, but my wife  said she did not like that one so i tried it this way, I just used water colors and with next to my no talent nature, it turned out about as well as I can do.

Dick

heppnerguy

Beautiful handy work Dick!

Great colouring Dick. I personally prefer the natural wood look but hey... if it works for you then why not?

I still think its a great piece!

Tony

Tony,

I agree with your statement here but this is an exception for me because it is a rather confusing piece and it helped to bing our what it looked like when it was selling. Normally, I too would have left it natural but i am writing a booklet for the family history and I want to include a photo of this in my booklet so I thought the colorization was necessary in this case

Dick

heppnerguy