Meisal catalog

Honeycow

I was wondering if anyone else out there is unhappy with the shipping charges with the Meisal catalog. I put together an order online because they give a 10% discount that way. I was very careful to stay below the next higher level of shipping. They base their shipping on dollar amount. They used the higher amount to charge shipping then took off the 10%. That amounted to a couple of bucks more. It was $12 for a clock fitup, 4 spindles, and a pattern! We pay less shipping for that ordering tractor parts!

I would like to find some other place to get the clock fitup that I was ordering but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It is the 3.5" with an alarm on it. Connie

Oh, by the way.... I emailed them with my concern through their 'contact us' link. NO response. It's been four days.

I despise outfits that charge shipping and handling based on the dollar amount of purchase.  One company I deal with does this, If I ordered 100 coping saw blades the shipping would be the same as a 20 pound single item of the same total price.  A couple years ago, I purchased an item that was right around 500 dollars, and the shipping was $17.00.  However the bronze item weighed about 120 pounds.  Most places would have charged far more for shipping.  

Whenever I consider ordering on line, I always check shipping and handling as part of the total purchase price when comparing prices. 

Edited by zimmerstutzen

I was wondering if anyone else out there is unhappy with the shipping charges with the Meisal catalog. I put together an order online because they give a 10% discount that way. I was very careful to stay below the next higher level of shipping. They base their shipping on dollar amount. They used the higher amount to charge shipping then took off the 10%. That amounted to a couple of bucks more. It was $12 for a clock fitup, 4 spindles, and a pattern! We pay less shipping for that ordering tractor parts!

I would like to find some other place to get the clock fitup that I was ordering but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It is the 3.5" with an alarm on it. Connie

Oh, by the way.... I emailed them with my concern through their 'contact us' link. NO response. It's been four days.

Buyer beware!

Customer relations is very important. And with all the forums around I wouldn't want to see a bad review for my company. I have not dealt with Paul for quite some time. Nothing personal just haven't  For clocks I normally stay local if I need one or two for a project. For ordering more I have used Klock-it (sp) and was happy with them. Ray at Seyco is about the best example of customer care I have seen in many years. I'm just sorry to hear about the short comings listed here.

Meisel was a good company to do business with the last time that I ordered from them (about 10 years ago).  They once participated in The Woodworking Shows too, but I haven't seen them do that in a very long time. I liked their products, because they were different than you could find anywhere else. This problem is a surprise to me. I hope you can get it resolved.

Charley