spray adhesive

I use 77 for things i don't want to come apart like stand up pictures.Lock tite  comes in various tacks i like medium and high performance,Low tack is not the best,then there's drywall corner bead adhesive i get from the big box stores .I use that also for stand up pictures.there's a few others i've used but don't have the names for you.Water based glues in spray cans were the worst.hope this helps.

Just wondering what kind of spray adhesive you all use. was going to pick some up today but at the menards I went to there was quite the variety and didnt want to waste money on a can if it wouldnt be any good. Thanks!

-Joe

You want to save money and get the same results go to walmart in the sewing /hobby section (you may have to look for it) you will find loctite all purpose repositionable spray glue in a blue can with a green label  at half the cost of the 3m "77" stuff and it works just as well if not better at half the cost...

I use the cheapest spray glue that walmart sells.

To apply my patterns i quickly spray the back and i mean quickly.  not even 1 full second of spray.

i then set the pattern aside and touch the back. if its too tacky, it will be a nightmare to peel off.  i wait until its just barely tacky and then put it on the wood.

Comes right off after i am done cutting.

I've used several different types over the years.  Loctite General Performance spray worked really well for me and was much cheaper than other brands.  Unfortunately my local Lowes stopped carrying it a year or 2 ago.  I never worry about how hard the pattern is to remove.  I want it to stick like crazy, because if a detailed fretwork pattern starts to lift during cutting, that is a major pain.  I spritz on a little mineral spirits and let it set for a minute and it comes right off.  I know lots of folks don't like messing with the MS, but I'd be lost without it.

Because I'm lazy and hate dealing with residue, I cover my wood with cellophane packaging tape, then spray my adhesive on that and apply my paper pattern.  When done, the tape peels right off with no residue or glue to clean at all.  And the tape lubes the blade a little bit as a bonus.